1 day for Diamond Plus!

blkjac

In all honesty if being D+ matters so/that much, is it possible to do a 3-4 day cruise before your next one?[/QUOT

We did a 5 day out of port Canaveral during Thanksgiving and can't get away until our Dec. cuise. And it's not the end of the world but the concierge club is quite nice and definitely not as crowded.

Incorrect. The CL is at least as crowded if not more so than DLs these days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pretty sure Pinnacle is the only level that you earn while onboard. I'll actually be able to verify this next week. The part I am unsure about is weather or not you have the new status for the entire voyage, even if you don't hit 700 until several days in. It may be up to the ships management.

We became Pinnacle a few months ago and were in a full suite so we received all the perks - however no complimentary internet till the following cruise. I had e mailed the Loyalty Ambassador in advance to enquire about this and was told "not until your following cruise". We were invited to a superb Pinnacle dinner with the HD.

Depends on the ship. CL on Freedom was way less crowded than DL on our last trip.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

CL on Serenade just last Thursday was very nice. Plenty of seats. Checked the DL too... not many people there either... but we only had 9 P, 109 D+ and somewhere around 300+ D's... We did have a P holding court every night on the stage in the CL... it was his birthday cruise... Never beat him there to take the stage.... lol

We had very early seating in MDR so didn't spend as much time as we wanted in CL... we were with a group.... so ate early....

Edited by troykahack

Same person had D+ pins... got those covered too.... LOL If you are the one selling... my address was wrong. I corrected it on second order??

Edited by troykahack

Same person had D+ pins... got those covered too.... LOL If you are the one selling... my address was wrong. I corrected it on second order??

Not me. Keep watching and maybe you can move up to PC. The PC luggage tags have been on here before and the glass blocks are on here pretty regular

Pretty sure Pinnacle is the only level that you earn while onboard. I'll actually be able to verify this next week. The part I am unsure about is weather or not you have the new status for the entire voyage, even if you don't hit 700 until several days in. It may be up to the ships management.

I attended the 'welcome to Pinnacle Party' for some folks we met in the CL. it was towards the end of the cruise (last port day, special Ice show) but we never asked if they got to enjoy the perks immediately, or as of the day they made Pinnacle, or what

FWIW, a couple became Pinnacle on Oasis' October 22 sailing. They were honored at the Welcome Back party and received a bottle of champagne, but were not given Pinnacle status that cruise and were not allowed in the Suite Lounge. The woman did not press the point, so I don't know how much leeway the ship would have given her if she had asked.

Diamond to Diamond Plus is different. Until you complete the cruise that elevates you to Diamond Plus, you do not enjoy the extra amenities. If people have occasionally gotten a perk ahead of time, lucky for them, but do not expect it.

Would love to find a Majesty Block on there...

I asked him to be on lookout for a Majesty Block

And if you look, he had luggage tags too.

The Pins, the higher the better, seemed to be cherished by the bartenders in the DL/CL. I hope they like them as much from me as a D+ and P. Hehe

Edited by troykahack

We are going on the Rhapsody Dec. 31st for a 8 day cruise. We are Diamond and we need one more cruise day to be Diamond Plus. I know we are eligible to go to the Dia. Lounge but was wondering if after the one day onboard we would be able to go to the concierge lounge.

Joe

I'm not going to get into the debate of whether or not you will be able to go - or should be able to go - to the Concierge Lounge, but will ask the question as to why it would matter?

IMO the Diamond Club on that ship class is certainly as nice or nicer than the Concierge Club, and they both offer exactly the same benefits. And as Diamond, you also have the 3 drink coupons loaded each day on your SeaPass card for other venues. IMO I don't think you would be missing anything by not going to the CL.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We became Pinnacle a few months ago and were in a full suite so we received all the perks - however no complimentary internet till the following cruise. I had e mailed the Loyalty Ambassador in advance to enquire about this and was told "not until your following cruise". We were invited to a superb Pinnacle dinner with the HD.

The day we made Piñnacle the loyalty ambassador changed our cards to gold. Since it was on Quantum, there was no suite lounge, the free internet perk hadn't started then, but we got the perk of Coastal kitchen. Another instance of Royals inconsistency.[emoji849]

I think Piñnacle level is supposed to be celebrated on the ship when you attain the status, unlike the other levels which make you wait till the following cruise to change status,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The day we made Piñnacle the loyalty ambassador changed our cards to gold. Since it was on Quantum, there was no suite lounge, the free internet perk hadn't started then, but we got the perk of Coastal kitchen. Another instance of Royals inconsistency.[emoji849]

I think Piñnacle level is supposed to be celebrated on the ship when you attain the status, unlike the other levels which make you wait till the following cruise to change status,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes - Pinnacle is the only level recognized on the cruise on which you reach that tier. All others are recognized on the following cruise.

You're close, just schedule one

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Enjoy your NOS cruise John! Still have not been on that one either.

Will be interesting checking out the Rhapsody for the first time on Saturday.

We have not made it onboard all of the ships in the fleet yet (still long way

to go :eek:)....but I promise to keep working on it. Tough goal... if I ever do

make it...but sure will be fun getting there! :D

Enjoy your NOS cruise John! Still have not been on that one either.

Will be interesting checking out the Rhapsody for the first time on Saturday.

We have not made it onboard all of the ships in the fleet yet (still long way

to go :eek:)....but I promise to keep working on it. Tough goal... if I ever do

make it...but sure will be fun getting there! :D

I see you are on Serenade 2/13. Guessing you are PC, Concierge Mario Reyes will be back to Serenade on that day. He is leaving after current cruise. We think he is one of the best Concierge that we have had.

Billoh--I don't understand why you had a problem getting your wife into the Diamond lounge. Even if she is not a Diamond member she is with you?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And what difference does "being with" a diamond member? :confused: