Carnival Magic late night food options besides buffet?

We've only cruised Royal so far so we aren't used to the options on the Carnival Magic. We're considering her for a cruise next Nov. We enjoy a casual bite to eat at night, nothing large, but something. Typically it's been pizza or small sandwiches on RCI.

Besides the buffet or room service, what options are available, say 11pm, around the ship?

Thanks!!!

Dan

Pizza. room service(?), but not sure about that as never used for late night.

Buffet closes around 9 or 10 P when dinner service is over in MDR and the other specialty restaurants close.

Perhaps someone else can opine if the Red Frog Pub still serves food as long as it is open. No other bars serve food. And no other food venues are open.

Deli closes at 11PM, at least on all the ships I have sailed.

Pizza is 24 hours.

There are many included items on the Room service menu and a few upcharge items(IMHO, they are a good value).

Some ships have "late night eats" others have "Pizza Plus" that is available from 11P to 1A. Late night eats is usually small sandwich and perhaps hot dogs with a cookie or brownie. Pizza Plus is basically the same but served at the Pizza place. I don't know about all ships but on the Breeze it also offers lasagna.

The Red Frog Pub, not to be confused with the Red Frog Rum Bar, serves food until 12:30 AM but not all RFP's have pub grub.

Ships that offer Bonsai Sushi are open until 12A

I hope this helps

Thanks, but I'm hoping someone can answer specifically about the Magic. I'm deciding between this ship and the NCL Escape the same week. This is just one of the many things weighing in on our decision.

I don't want room service. We like to stroll the ship later in the evening and it's nice to have decent food options to 1). soak up some alcohol or 2) just have a nice bite to eat before bed.

Is the 24 hour pizza located in the buffet then? Anyone know if the Red Frog serves food late?

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The magic does NOT have a Bonsai Sushi. But it does have the Red Frog Pub so there's that option until midnight.

Unless there's a deck party scheduled, you won't find any late night buffets.

The pizza is located aft on the port side of the ship. Near the Tides Bar and the small aft pool. Just outside of the buffet.

I can understand not wanting to go room service as you'd rather enjoy the night, but you can always take the plate(s) with you as you stroll.

And remember - room service is always free on Carnival (unless you get a couple high end items). Coming from Royal Caribbean you may be used to paying for it.

My tweens and I always end the day with room service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hobster7

We've only cruised Royal so far so we aren't used to the options on the Carnival Magic. We're considering her for a cruise next Nov. We enjoy a casual bite to eat at night, nothing large, but something. Typically it's been pizza or small sandwiches on RCI.

Besides the buffet or room service, what options are available, say 11pm, around the ship?

Thanks!!!

Dan

Pizzeria del Capitano on Magic is open 24 hours and has pizza and Caesar salad. The deli closes at 11 PM and has really good sandwiches, both hot and cold, which are made to order. Their Reuben sandwich is my favorite. Neither venue costs extra. Room service is 24 hours and offers a menu of both included and for-a-fee items.

Carnival has been testing offering some late night food items from 11PM to 1AM at the pizza place, but right now it's not on Magic. There's a chance that could be rolled out to more ships later and by the time you cruise. Those items are lasagna every night and some rotating items such as meatball hoagie, chicken parmesan, and sausage and peppers. (no extra charge)

So I'm looking at the Fun Times from the Magic cruise we just went on. It looks like the Late Night Snacks are there from 11:30 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. (10 Aft),Red Frog Pub Grub until 1:00 a.m. and the Deli until 11:00 p.m. And of course, Pizza and Room service is 24 hours.

Every ship I have been on has the small food set up from 11p-1a except for the night of the mexican buffet. The ships include Breeze, Freedom LIberty Valor Miracle and Sunshine. I'd be shocked if the Magic did not. I go most nights for a cookie. :D

Even the Mexican buffet has those late night hours. Same hours on the Inspiration, Imagination, Conquest and Splendor.

So I'm looking at the Fun Times from the Magic cruise we just went on. It looks like the Late Night Snacks are there from 11:30 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. (10 Aft),Red Frog Pub Grub until 1:00 a.m. and the Deli until 11:00 p.m. And of course, Pizza and Room service is 24 hours.

From memory the late night snacks was basically the grill but this was before Guy's

Sent from my iPhone using Forums