Anyone back from The Dream?

mexicobob

I just got off last Sunday. What do you want to know?

How hard was it to get a table in the buffet area for breakfast and lunch?

On Sea Days, were there chairs available on the outside decks?

Did you enjoy the cruise?

Thanks in advance.

How hard was it to get a table in the buffet area for breakfast and lunch?

On Sea Days, were there chairs available on the outside decks?

Did you enjoy the cruise?

Thanks in advance.

It was crowded but we never had a problem finding a table. There were 4500 people onboard that week. There were always a lot of chairs on deck 5. The serenity deck was harder to find chairs. The little cabana chairs were really hard to get unless you got up there early in the morning. Yes I enjoyed it. I really have no complaints. I have seen people on here complaining about room stewards but ours was great. Always kept our room clean and fresh towels everyday. Many people have asked about once or twice a day room servicing - we were asked which we wanted and opted for mornings (it was just the two of us and didn't feel like we had to have both) but I'd say on 5 of 7 nights we had turn-down service and the dirty towels were always picked up and new ones added as needed without telling him. Hope that helps with your questions - if you have any more specific questions, I'd be glad to help out.

It was crowed at times in the buffet, but unless you go at exactly noon, we were able to find seats. The one line that was always too long was for pizza.

We were able to dine chairs on serenity on sea day 1, but had trouble in day 2. Never had problem with chairs by the main pool or water slides, which is where our kids wanted to be most often.

We enjoyed our cruise a lot. The only thing we didn't love was how long dinner took in the MDR. Our servers were really nice, but meals often bumped up against late seating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the quick replies. Very helpful. On recent Carnival cruises we have had trouble finding tables in the buffet to the point we were considering not cruising with Carnival. Think we will give it another shot. We love the rest of the Carnival experience.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise.

What is recent? We were on her in at the end of March. Happy to help if I can (review link in my signature).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Recent would be this week , anything other than that is old news ;)

Thank you for the quick replies. Very helpful. On recent Carnival cruises we have had trouble finding tables in the buffet to the point we were considering not cruising with Carnival. Think we will give it another shot. We love the rest of the Carnival experience.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise.

I have cleaned tables more often then not on Carnival ships. Thought it was part of the cruise experience :confused:

I have cleaned tables more often then not on Carnival ships. Thought it was part of the cruise experience :confused:

Do not mind cleaning off tables, which opens up options that perhaps I had not thought of. Getting the people to leave may be another problem.

It was crowded but we never had a problem finding a table. There were 4500 people onboard that week. There were always a lot of chairs on deck 5. The serenity deck was harder to find chairs. The little cabana chairs were really hard to get unless you got up there early in the morning. Yes I enjoyed it. I really have no complaints. I have seen people on here complaining about room stewards but ours was great. Always kept our room clean and fresh towels everyday. Many people have asked about once or twice a day room servicing - we were asked which we wanted and opted for mornings (it was just the two of us and didn't feel like we had to have both) but I'd say on 5 of 7 nights we had turn-down service and the dirty towels were always picked up and new ones added as needed without telling him. Hope that helps with your questions - if you have any more specific questions, I'd be glad to help out.

Did you have robes in your cabin?

How was the muster drill? We just got off the elation yesterday and the muster drill was go to your lounge, they counted everyone and showed us rhe life jackets. Then everyone had to go to the lifeboat station and line up. They counted everyone again. Took almost 45 min, I asked and they said this was the "new" policy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Just off the boat 12/4/16. The muster was done in lounges and other areas and went smoothly. But make sure to put you phone away before going to lounge. We got held up by a couple who was young and gave snarly looks to the crew when they got on them. Our steward did whatever needed done 2 times a day but we kept the room clean at all times. We did not need robes so told him not to bother but we would like ice and he went right away and got it. I did give him an extra tip at the end of trip for the few extras he did to make the trip fun. We always found a table in the buffet and they were always clean. Ice cream machines kept full and clean. No chair hogging that I saw. Most days I saw plenty of available chairs by he pool on Lido. Lines ran smoothly and most people seemed very happy.

Just off the boat 12/4/16. The muster was done in lounges and other areas and went smoothly. But make sure to put you phone away before going to lounge. We got held up by a couple who was young and gave snarly looks to the crew when they got on them. Our steward did whatever needed done 2 times a day but we kept the room clean at all times. We did not need robes so told him not to bother but we would like ice and he went right away and got it. I did give him an extra tip at the end of trip for the few extras he did to make the trip fun. We always found a table in the buffet and they were always clean. Ice cream machines kept full and clean. No chair hogging that I saw. Most days I saw plenty of available chairs by he pool on Lido. Lines ran smoothly and most people seemed very happy.

On the same sailing and agree with above. We asked for robes and got them promptly. Room steward didn't give us option for 1 or 2 times a day service. Just stated he would do it twice and marked it on the card. One of the questions I had before going was about use of spa areas without spa cabin. I was able to use the steam room and showers (plus of course the fitness center) and since our cabin was on 9 forward, went there often.

No problem finding tables in buffet but under no circumstances ever say to your companions you will save a table while they get their food and let them go to Mongolian Wok! I waited almost an hour for them to get food on embarkation day (not knowing they were going there) and thought they got lost. I took all their things and went looking only to find them in line. I unceremoniously handed them their stuff and said "see ya later" . I then went and ate, left, and they were still in line,.

• 3 weeks later...
Considering booking a cruise on The Dream but have not found much information from people who have recently sailed.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

My family cruised the Dream over Christmas, debarking yesterday. What can I help you with?