Oceania Club Points Question

gskimmel

We are looking at doing a world cruise which would put us past #20. I would suppose normally we would get 14 days credit/discount but for us we would book the cruise long before the 180 day point - not sure if that means we would loose the free cruise.

We are looking at doing a world cruise which would put us past #20. I would suppose normally we would get 14 days credit/discount but for us we would book the cruise long before the 180 day point - not sure if that means we would loose the free cruise.

Nobody here can give you an answer that you could take to the bank :D

Best to call your TA/Oceania and not assume anything.

It's just too important to goof up.

I have a few questions still on this. The way I understand it is that if there is an Olife promo on the sailing you pick then you don't get those perks. Is that correct?

Do you get any of your Oceania Club perks at all on your free cruise? Grats? Deviation? OBC? Spa?

Once you pick out the free cruise do you put a deposit down if you don't have #19 completed? Even if it's on the books? I'd hate to have to wait 6 months after my 19th to take the next one.

If you pick out a cruise longer than 14 days and it has to be prorated what category pricing do they use to prorate with? I see from the T & C's posted above that you book a guarantee then they assign you a level according to your previous accommodations, until you know what level you're assigned then you wouldn't know what your cost would be.

I also understand that number 20 doesn't count in your tally towards 40, is that correct?

I have a few questions still on this. The way I understand it is that if there is an Olife promo on the sailing you pick then you don't get those perks. Is that correct?

Do you get any of your Oceania Club perks at all on your free cruise? Grats? Deviation? OBC? Spa?

Once you pick out the free cruise do you put a deposit down if you don't have #19 completed? Even if it's on the books? I'd hate to have to wait 6 months after my 19th to take the next one.

If you pick out a cruise longer than 14 days and it has to be prorated what category pricing do they use to prorate with? I see from the T & C's posted above that you book a guarantee then they assign you a level according to your previous accommodations, until you know what level you're assigned then you wouldn't know what your cost would be.

I also understand that number 20 doesn't count in your tally towards 40, is that correct?

Surely someone has gone through this here?

I know where to get the answers, I just didn't want to bother her yet.

Double, dad gum slow onboard internet.

Edited by ORV

I did see this but do not have all the answers and I did not want to give you the wrong impression so I did not reply but will answer the things I do know :)

Yes - # 20 does NOT count towards #40 (even if you had a longer than 14 day cruise and paid for part of it), At least it is not showing up in our "count" in the Club.

Our 20th was 21 days long - so we paid for 7 days.

We got all the Gold Club benefits (PPG, $500 OBC and Spa); they also had a Your World Offer promo ($500 OBC, Free Internet and PPG) that we qualified for. I am not sure whether this was because we paid for 7 days or would we have gotten it even for a 14 day cruise. We flew for miles but I assume that you would have gotten the free deviation as well.

By final payment we had a cabin so we knew how much our prorated balance for the 7 days would be. (About 6 months before sailing). Do not recall the circumstances around the booking date and deposit :(

Sorry that I cannot be more specific but this is all I have and all that I remember re: your questions.

Hope it helps some.

Edited by Paulchili

The key recommendation is to plan very carefully. We didn't, and got caught in a dilemma. We were on a 35 day cruise which became cruise 17-19 and we were offered, a week before the end of the cruise, a great price to remain onboard for another 10 days. That became our 20th cruise but not our free one since it didn't meet the timeline criteria for a free cruise. That was fine with us.

Our next two cruises were already booked: 35 days Cape Town to Singapore and 14 days transatlantic---one of them was definitely going to be our free cruise. We petitioned Oceania that our free cruise not be the 35 day one since we had already purchased business class air and deducted the flight credit from our invoice (on your free cruise, you either take or lose O's coach class air). We also seemed to get mixed messages as to whether we would get any credit for the 21 days we would have to pay for, whether we would get our platinum benefits for the paid portion, etc. There were too many unknowns.

Oceania approved our request and the transatlantic became our free cruise. We received our platinum benefits BUT we did not get the O Life package (5 free excursions in 6 ports! nor the free internet). We were told that you do not qualify for "public benefits" when on your free cruise. Our TA did not provide any benefits either since she/her company weren't making a cent off this cruise. We took O's air and had deviations both ways but didn't have to pay for them.

Since transatlantics are inexpensive to begin with, try not to have one be your free cruise. Our problem was that we were already booked and had made arrangements to travel with friends so we couldn't cancel.

Edited by Senior Citizen