Carnival MasterCard points

camper49

Isn't there a high Interest rate on these cards?

Yes...if you don't pay your balance each month. We have decided this card is no longer for us ....as there are other card offering much more. I was thinking of paying our Alaska Cruise/land with this card ....

credit card interest is usually based on your credit score. I completely agree Capital One is the best card to have, no foreign transaction fees, great customer service, excellent fraud department and 2 miles (points) on everything. We use it for everything,including health insurance and have not paid for a flight in years. We do pay the balance every month so my interest rate is zero.

When we got it' date=' it was ok but now most cards offer much better rewards so it is barely used and not sure why I do not close the account.

Am in the same situation. But when overseas, we often use Capital One that does not charge forex fees.

You can convert any credit card program to similar terms using Excel. It takes a bit of effort, but after doing so it became clear that the Citi doublecashback card pays a better payback even booking Carnival cruises.

We cruise twice a year, and we stay at Choice hotels three times a year.

Ranking our credit cards from best to worst:

Citibank Double Cash

Quicksilver

Choice Priviledges (Barclays)

Carnival MasterCard (Barclays)

Not sure what my interest rate is, I DON'T pay interest. Was really leary about Capital One cuz of the hoaky commercials. But I've had them for years + LOVE them. No annual fee, as mentioned exceptional fraud protection (I even get emails if I leave a big tip on a restaurant bill). They even assign a separate nos to my wife's card so I can break down the charges (still same acct). If I buy something for $100 + pay cash, it costs me $100. If I charge it, only costs $98. Soooo, everything utility bills, insurance, gasoline (that doesn't charge a service fee) gets put on the card + paid off monthly. I haven't paid a penny airfare in at least 5 years. Last time I heard, they were givin 40,000 bonus points for signing. That's $400 in air/hotels whatever.