Anyone make a 9:15....

Luke gs Daddy

I know all the risks and fretting of not making a flight. I thought I would ask if anyone has made a 9:15 from FLL arriving Port Everglades?

Sailing the conquest in March and considering booking this flight.

Thanks.

Using priority debarkation, carrying off my own luggage, and van transfer to the FLL airport with a very short wait, I made a 9:30 AM flight last month after Conquest.

And you already know the risks involved, so no need to bring that up.

Edited by winddawn

Using priority debarkation, carrying off my own luggage, and van transfer to the FLL airport with a very short wait, I made a 9:30 AM flight last month after Conquest.

And you already know the risks involved, so no need to bring that up.

Thanks.

What time did you get to Airport?

I know all the risks and fretting of not making a flight. I thought I would ask if anyone has made a 9:15 from FLL arriving Port Everglades?

Thanks.

No way to early usually after 12:00

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks.

What time did you get to Airport?

I don't remember exactly, but to the best of my recollection, it was about 8:30 AM. There was about a 15 minute wait at the ticket counter to check bags and about a 15 minute wait to get through security.

I didn't originally have a 9:30 AM flight booked. I was booked on a 11:05 AM flight and Southwest changed their flight schedule after I booked and I was rescheduled to 2:30 PM. So once I arrived timely to the airport, I changed my flight on the spot to the 9:30 flight because there was a seat available.

FLL tends to have long lines at check-in and at security because so many ships sail from Port Everglades. The lines moved well though the day I was there. IMO, FLL has outgrown it's current size. It was so crowded in the gate areas that it was standing room only, and I mean a lot of people were standing around. On my embarkation day, I left my hotel on the first shuttle to the port and ended up arriving at the port as Carnival was calling zone 4 to board. It took a very long time to get to the port due to traffic. I just wanted you to be aware of these things in case you haven't cruised from Port Everglades lately.

I've found Fort Lauderdale to be very congested and crowded the last 2 times I've cruised from there.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Edited by winddawn

In March of 2015 on the Conquest my sister barely made it to her 11:30am flight.

She had luggage direct ( a program Carnival discontinued) and did self embark. Custom lines were huge..lines at the airport were huge. She said there was no way she would have made the flight if she had to check luggage.

March is busy with spring breakers. I would check to see what other ships are in port with you. Customs may have only a few employees that day.

Of course your mileage may vary..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've arrived in time for an 8:30 flight, but our flight was actually at 10:30. I don't have the nerves to book anything earlier than that!

I would think your best chances are if you have light luggage, so that you really can MOVE, and also don't need to check in. Make sure you are pretty much first in line for disembarking.

Thanks.

Considering you are supposed to be at the airport at least a minimum of an hour early, IMO, there is no way anyone could make a 0915 flight.

Honestly, it doesn't make a difference if a thousand people reply that they made that early of a flight, it doesn't mean that you will. All it takes is one set-back for you to miss it. Don't end your vacation on such a stressful note. Book a later flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks.

This is my opinion and not to sound disrespectful. But, that is cutting it close. If, for some reason the ship doesn't dock timely, then you will have a problem. Additionally, remember that the airport/airline carrier request (for good reason) that you be at the airport 2 hours prior to departure for domestic flights. I am one of those "nerds" who'd rather be safe than sorry. I always build in extra time and avoid any stress in case something comes up. Have a great cruise and please take this as my opinion only.

Edited by Donh44

Honestly, it doesn't make a difference if a thousand people reply that they made that early of a flight, it doesn't mean that you will. All it takes is one set-back for you to miss it. Don't end your vacation on such a stressful note. Book a later flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My thoughts exactly. This is way too risky.

But not by much and all we had for luggage was one carry-on roller each. Our problem was the time to get a taxi and then traffic - it took one hour 40 minutes when I think the carnival bus from airport to cruise port was only 55 minutes. When we ran and ran to the gate, there was a flight attendant with a hand on the door ready to close it, and looking at us huffing and puffing our best, she yelled down the corridor: "Mr. Von....?!", I nodded while running cuz I had no breath to yell yes and we made it! NEVER AGAIN.