Question on Classic vs premium beverage package

PoppyandNana

We just got off an 11 day cruise to the Caribbean with the premier package. It's not just liquor that adds up. We averaged two specialty coffees a day each and a ton of Evian water. We were regulars in the martini bar and we easily saved money between that and wine and beer. If you honestly feel that you're not going to do any real drinking then the standard package should be fine. But if you insist on top shelf when you do drink then you should get the premium package. It will add up fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always upgrade to the premium. I like the fact that we don't have to think about our bar bill and you only pay the difference if something is more expensive. It also covers the water and coffees - get a better choice.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a link that says what kind of mixed drinks are allowed with the classic drink package?

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

If simply ordering a mixed drink it will depend on the liquors used and overall price. There is a printed list of cocktails floating around out there but couldn't find it. But think you can get just about any standard drink made with these liquors and be covered, it's when you get into the craft cocktails with specialty ingredients where some bartenders are unwilling to make them with cheaper liquor to bring if down to the classic package.

So plain absolut vodka martini should be covered under classic package, but the specialty martinis at the martini bar with higher end flavored liquors and exotic fruit juices will need premium.

We were on the Silhouette for 2 weeks in October. It was a port intensive cruise so we took the classic package perk and would decide onboard if we would upgrade.

I had ordered a drink in a bar and the bartender said not on my package. I went to customer service and they had a print out of popular drinks in each package. Includes the standard also. I pointed out to bartender that my drink was on standard package but he said that was an error.

I had ordered that drink another time and saw on my folio that I was charged for it even though I had not signed for nor been told I would be charged. I called customer service about this and the most ludicrous conversation ensued. I was told that the classic package did not include the drinks on the standard package and I would have to purchase both packages if I wanted the drinks listed on both packages! I told her I thought if you purchase the classic package you get the standard drinks and the classic. If you purchase the premium you get them all - no extra payment. She said not correct! I gave up.

We were on the Silhouette for 2 weeks in October. It was a port intensive cruise so we took the classic package perk and would decide onboard if we would upgrade.

I had ordered a drink in a bar and the bartender said not on my package. I went to customer service and they had a print out of popular drinks in each package. Includes the standard also. I pointed out to bartender that my drink was on standard package but he said that was an error.

I had ordered that drink another time and saw on my folio that I was charged for it even though I had not signed for nor been told I would be charged. I called customer service about this and the most ludicrous conversation ensued. I was told that the classic package did not include the drinks on the standard package and I would have to purchase both packages if I wanted the drinks listed on both packages! I told her I thought if you purchase the classic package you get the standard drinks and the classic. If you purchase the premium you get them all - no extra payment. She said not correct! I gave up.

Obviously someone was very confused. I would not have given up.

What was the particular drink that was in conflict with the bartender?

The list I have from a previously cruise listing the three packages says the premium package ibesides everything in the Classic package includes this items.

The Classic says besides the Select package it includes these items. I have always assumed the Select was a typo and it was suppose to say Standard.

I was drinking a negroni.

As you said it is clearly on the Standard Listas long it was made with the allowable spirit. If it was an error it should have been within the Classic package cost limit which is $8. The only way it should not be included is it was more than $8.

Some hung is obviously not right somewhere.

Over thinking it.are you yourself going to have more than 150 dollars in drinks including cafes and 3 dollar water bottles with 18 per cent grat added?that is 21.42 a day U.S. you can upgrade one on ship if needed and keep the other as classic. And yes you are on vacation.you should not have to think about the cafe latte.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

As you said it is clearly on the Standard Listas long it was made with the allowable spirit. If it was an error it should have been within the Classic package cost limit which is $8. The only way it should not be included is it was more than $8.

Some hung is obviously not right somewhere.

I apologize for either the auto correct or my poor spelling.

We got an included classic pack on our last cruise, and enjoyed it way more than we thought we would. On our upcoming cruise, there was not only an included classic package, there was $450 OBC on top of that. For a 7 day cruise. We are definitely upgrading. Mostly because we A. Like the Martini Bar, and you can't use it with only the classic package, and B. The wines are also measurably better. So for ten bucks a day, we are using OBC.

If the packages were not included, we would not buy them, since, as elite members, we get the daily cocktail hour.

You can use the Martini Bar, just drink beer. In fact I thought I saw some people getting some mixed drinks, and they had the Classic package. They were sitting right next to us and their room key was sitting between us.I don't know what they had a premium drink or if the Bartender didn't care. There were a couple of bucks that changed hands when the drinks were served.

We just got off an 11 day cruise to the Caribbean with the premier package. It's not just liquor that adds up. We averaged two specialty coffees a day each and a ton of Evian water. We were regulars in the martini bar and we easily saved money between that and wine and beer. If you honestly feel that you're not going to do any real drinking then the standard package should be fine. But if you insist on top shelf when you do drink then you should get the premium package. It will add up fast.

Aren't coffees included with the classic package?

We just booked yesterday and got the classic beverage package as our perk. I drink very little but use the package for the (very) occasion adult beverage and lots of bottled fizzy water and fancy coffee. Hubby likes the good stuff. Our Celebrity rep told me only one of has to upgrade and the cost for the week will be $83. We'll do that for the hubby, well worth it.

Cheers

martinismiley.gif

Save