Juneau Webcam New Dock Activity

Sequim88

Looks like they might be replacing the ramp (seen in lower left quadrant of this screenshot from last fall). This is where the tenders drop off/pick up passengers.

7370a124b248367dca599f0e06347464.jpg

Screenshots from the PTZtv webcams have been posted on many different threads on Cruise Critic as well as on Facebook for a number of years. PTZtv has never complained. Perhaps they look at it as free advertising???

Looks like they might be replacing the ramp (seen in lower left quadrant of this screenshot from last fall). This is where the tenders drop off/pick up passengers.

7370a124b248367dca599f0e06347464.jpg

Screenshots from the PTZtv webcams have been posted on many different threads on Cruise Critic as well as on Facebook for a number of years. PTZtv has never complained. Perhaps they look at it as free advertising???

Thanks. That may be part of redoing Marine Park too perhaps.

Actually I think that is the tender dock. The one for the float planes is at the bottom of the screen shot out of view.

Karen

Scroll down from the web cam and on the right side are some pictures. There is one titled.Crane lift of new ramp for @TakuLodge#WingsAirways float plane docks now underway on

http://JuneauHarborWebcam.com @HangarWharf

That is the ramp they are replacing that you showed in the old picture of the dock. I can't imagine tender drop off and having the Taku lodge floatplane sharing that tiny dock (unless they are planning an enlarged dock).

Then there are separate docks, as you say out of view, for all the other float planes. Again I can't imagine tenders jockeying for position against the numerous plane dockings while ships are in port.

I really appreciate your links to the photos of what is taking place at Juneau. I am trying to decide whether I ought to attempt the Taku Lodge float plane trip or not. Getting into and out of the plane without falling into the drink or injuring myself is my concern. Being able to watch what takes place when the season starts with these flights ought to be of much help for me.

I really appreciate your links to the photos of what is taking place at Juneau. I am trying to decide whether I ought to attempt the Taku Lodge float plane trip or not. Getting into and out of the plane without falling into the drink or injuring myself is my concern. Being able to watch what takes place when the season starts with these flights ought to be of much help for me.

I have never done the Taku Lodge excursion, but everyone who has just raves about it.

Maybe it's just my browser but all the screen clips from PTZ look to have been mostly redacted. Edit: Pictures are back! Weird. :confused:

Looking forward to seeing the new dock even if Oosterdam is using CT and first arrival is May 2nd so I will have to watch the feed that day. Amsterdam used to use AS and still will every other week but "O" is bigger. Still planning to walk by there on way to The Hanger to take a picture of the web cam. ;)

See ya there Tinknock50.

Maybe it's just my browser but all the screen clips from PTZ look to have been mostly redacted. Edit: Pictures are back! Weird. :confused:

Looking forward to seeing the new dock even if Oosterdam is using CT and first arrival is May 2nd so I will have to watch the feed that day. Amsterdam used to use AS and still will every other week but "O" is bigger. Still planning to walk by there on way to The Hanger to take a picture of the web cam. ;)

See ya there Tinknock50.

Yep....see you there! Less than 2 months now!

Looks like the the tender dock has been removed and no sign of a replacement. (so far anyway)

The float plane dock did get a nice new ramp connected to their building.

I am wondering if, because the bigger ships will project their bows closer to that area, that tenders access would be too tight?