Drinks Packages

rosiebee

As far as I know Kathy, the discounts are still in effect, but only on board.

40%: Pinnacle

30%: Diamond Plus

20%: Diamond

These discounts may not show up on the welcome letter they put in the stateroom. However, you can go to any bartender and ask them to print out your coupons, and the discount should show up there.

Great.......that's a better deal......I normally do not get one,but it might be worth it.......is this for all the packages??(my husband likes the coffee one--not the card---the package)

Great.......that's a better deal......I normally do not get one,but it might be worth it.......is this for all the packages??(my husband likes the coffee one--not the card---the package)

Might vary by ship, but our printout said the discount was for all beverage packages.

As far as I know Kathy, the discounts are still in effect, but only on board.

40%: Pinnacle

30%: Diamond Plus

20%: Diamond

These discounts may not show up on the welcome letter they put in the stateroom. However, you can go to any bartender and ask them to print out your coupons, and the discount should show up there.

Currently the 20% discount on the BP is showing up in my Cruise Planner for our B2B Cruise on the Jewel for April 2017. The price listed is $44.00 before gratuities.

Edited by davekathy

Currently the 20% discount on the BP is showing up in my Cruise Planner for our B2B Cruise on the Jewel for April 2017. The price listed is $44.00 before gratuities.

That's a standard 20% offer for everyone...has nothing to do with your status.

It's on my booking too.

Edited by PH8

It's on my booking too.

Thanks, obviously I didn't realize that. So on the ship I could possibly see a discounted price for the BP less than what I'm seeing listed in my CP of $44.00? FWIW we are diamond. We've never done a BP with Royal, just Celebrity.

Edited by davekathy

Sorry NCL for me every time. Just got back from RCL cruise from Singapore to Sydney. I am not a complainer but this was the worst cruise I hsve ever been on. Same price as NCL but with no perks. So unorganized and dining room food was all curries and rice type foods. If you wanted steak you had to pay an extra 25 dollars for it. On NCL you can eat steak every night with no extra charge. Also no crispy bacon at breakfast buffet just horrible grey coloured greasy stuff that didnt even look like bacon. Never again. We are doing a 14 night cruise next year with NCL and are getting free ultimate drink package and free dining package and a 12 night cruise with 2nd passenger paying half price and the cruise prices are comparable with other cruiselines. In my opinion the best cruise option at the moment

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hmm, that's surprising. We've done Singapore -Sydney and it was probably our favourite cruise ever! Menu was definitely not limited to curries, it was the standard fleet wide menu including steak and chicken breast available every day. I hope this doesn't herald a change in the way they handle repositioning cruises.

Thanks, obviously I didn't realize that. So on the ship I could possibly see a discounted price for the BP less than what I'm seeing listed in my CP of $44.00? FWIW we are diamond. We've never done a BP with Royal, just Celebrity.

I suppose it's possible you might see a lower price onboard, but I think it's unlikely. The Diamond discount is supposed to be 20% onboard, which would match the best pre-cruise discount I've seen.

I suppose it's possible you might see a lower price onboard, but I think it's unlikely. The Diamond discount is supposed to be 20% onboard, which would match the best pre-cruise discount I've seen.

That was my assumption (I think I'm safe to use that word here) but thought I'd just throw out the question. Haven't decided whether to pre-cruise purchase the BP or wait until we board and see what's being offered.

I am not a big drinker, my husband even less than me, so while I was on my last cruise in December, I thought to myself would I have gotten my monies worth out of a drink package and the answer was a resounding no. I pre-purchased wine in advance for the MDR (which I underestimated by one bottle). The reason I underestimated was because the dinner server kept filling up my glass. I will have to make sure I inform our servers to only fill my glass up one time and no more unless I expressly ask for more wine. Of course, the server was keeping my glass full so I'd run out of wine and have to buy another bottle! Gotta be one step ahead! I also brought on the allowed two 750 ml bottles of wine per cabin. On board the ship, I drank perhaps three cocktails on an eight night cruise. I did drink off the ship an additional three cocktails. You have to calculate what you are likely to drink off the ship, too. So, for me and my husband, it was much cheaper to pay as we went.

I also noticed that I was not interested in drinking much. It was not something I felt like I would have wanted to do even had I had a package. I probably would have drunk more because I would have not wanted to "waste money" not using the package that I had paid for, but I wouldn't have really enjoyed doing so. I think I consumed precisely what I wanted and no more.

I do like the Happy Hour specials Holland America has. I wish there were Happy Hour specials on all the ships for those of us that choose not to purchase a beverage package.

It's on my booking too.

Wish it was on my sailing on Vision in 2 weeks keep looking but 20% discount has never come up. Keep waiting for it to appear so I can buy but nada. Just need to hope get 20% diamond discount onboard.