Drinks Packages

rosiebee

We're probably going to book to go on the Vision Of the Seas, next September. It's an 11 night Canada and New England cruise. I've looked at past threads on the forum and found a pdf of the different packages on offer. If we went for one it would be the Premium Package. Does anyone have any idea how much this would cost? We'll be booking stays in Toronto, Quebec and New York and the cost is accelerating rapidly. It would be useful to know if the drinks package is worth the cost or would it be cheaper to buy individual drinks and wine. Thanks for any help.

We're probably going to book to go on the Vision Of the Seas, next September. It's an 11 night Canada and New England cruise. I've looked at past threads on the forum and found a pdf of the different packages on offer. If we went for one it would be the Premium Package. Does anyone have any idea how much this would cost? We'll be booking stays in Toronto, Quebec and New York and the cost is accelerating rapidly. It would be useful to know if the drinks package is worth the cost or would it be cheaper to buy individual drinks and wine. Thanks for any help.

There is no more Premium package. Here are the packages now:

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/news-product_19_256722736.pdf

Once you have booked your cruise, check your Cruise Planner because you might find that the beverage package is on sale.

If you can find it on sale at the 20% off then I would buy it. We just bought one for $44 per day and since the drinks average at least $10 it doesn't take long to break even.

I think the Deluxe is now on sale at $46 so still a good deal. It was $58 on board the Allure in October this year, which is still not a bad deal.

Cruise with NCL and get a free premium beverage package ☺

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Forums mobile app

Yeah but free means built into the price of the cruise.... As much as I love NCL, when I was price shopping, I got radically different prices with vs without one Perk (which would be bev package for me, ofc :D).

Sorry NCL for me every time. Just got back from RCL cruise from Singapore to Sydney. I am not a complainer but this was the worst cruise I hsve ever been on. Same price as NCL but with no perks. So unorganized and dining room food was all curries and rice type foods. If you wanted steak you had to pay an extra 25 dollars for it. On NCL you can eat steak every night with no extra charge. Also no crispy bacon at breakfast buffet just horrible grey coloured greasy stuff that didnt even look like bacon. Never again. We are doing a 14 night cruise next year with NCL and are getting free ultimate drink package and free dining package and a 12 night cruise with 2nd passenger paying half price and the cruise prices are comparable with other cruiselines. In my opinion the best cruise option at the moment

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yeah but free means built into the price of the cruise.... As much as I love NCL, when I was price shopping, I got radically different prices with vs without one Perk (which would be bev package for me, ofc :D).

I've been trying to cruise RCCL for the last few years, but every time we settle on an itinerary and a month to travel, royal ends up being the most expensive between NCL and celebrity, and both of the other two throw in the free drink package at the same price or less than RCCL. Sorry, want to try it, but they need to work on their pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all replies. I take the point about NCL but sadly it isn't sailing where I want to go. We're not huge drinkers but an average day would probably include a couple of drinks or coffees during the day if on board, cocktails in the evening, wine with dinner and a nightcap - or two. Well we will be on holiday!

I assume the extra 18% mentioned is a gratuity although I'm not sure why as we will have paid gratuities in advance.

Thanks for all replies. I take the point about NCL but sadly it isn't sailing where I want to go. We're not huge drinkers but an average day would probably include a couple of drinks or coffees during the day if on board, cocktails in the evening, wine with dinner and a nightcap - or two. Well we will be on holiday!

I assume the extra 18% mentioned is a gratuity although I'm not sure why as we will have paid gratuities in advance.

Your cruise pre-paid grats are for those who take care of your cabin and dining only. You pre-pay bar services grats when you purchase a drinks package or buy them individually on board.;) Hope this helps clarify!:D

Edited by SilkySal
delete

Does everyone in the cabin have to buy a package. We are cruising in October 2017 and we have 2 adults but one does not drink.

Nope, RC does not require all adults in the stateroom to purchase a package.

Can you buy the package halfway through the cruise?

The rules say you must have at least 4 days left in the cruise to purchase a package, and when you purchase, it must last until the end of the cruise. However, I've seen ships offer the package with less than 4 days left. Whether they will offer the package with less than 4 days left is unpredictable.

Can you buy the package halfway through the cruise?

Yes (but not always offered), as long as you have at least 4 full days (not counting the day you leave) of your cruise left.;) I see we're tag-teaming Bob!:cool: Awww, man, you beat me while I was still typing! Go with clarea's advice (he's much smarter about this stuff than I am for sure)!!!

Edited by SilkySal
add

Cruising Mediterranean 12 days next August and enquired about bev pak and was quoted 'red hot' A$824ea and non alcoholic pak A$489ea. Be surprised if RC will win cruisers this way, hope they chill and review their bev pack before we sail. Other cruise lines definately spoil you for choice.

• 4 weeks later...
Cruising Mediterranean 12 days next August and enquired about bev pak and was quoted 'red hot' A$824ea and non alcoholic pak A$489ea. Be surprised if RC will win cruisers this way, hope they chill and review their bev pack before we sail. Other cruise lines definately spoil you for choice.

NCL offer free ultimate drink packages.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yes (but not always offered), as long as you have at least 4 full days (not counting the day you leave) of your cruise left.;) I see we're tag-teaming Bob!:cool: Awww, man, you beat me while I was still typing! Go with clarea's advice (he's much smarter about this stuff than I am for sure)!!!

I think Bob uses Macros!! He is way too fast and always on the ball!!

Where do you look to see when the drinks packages are on sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After you book your cruise log in to MyCruises on RoyalCaribbean.com

Edited by LilBlackDress

I'm guessing discounts based on loyalty levels are a thing of the past??:confused:

As far as I know Kathy, the discounts are still in effect, but only on board.

40%: Pinnacle

30%: Diamond Plus

20%: Diamond

These discounts may not show up on the welcome letter they put in the stateroom. However, you can go to any bartender and ask them to print out your coupons, and the discount should show up there.