On Divina now.

GOLDENBONNY

We are on Divina now. Embarcation was a disaster I never saw anything like that. Started at 2 pm followed by chaos of pushing people. My coupons for drinks and water was not found . I had to spend one hour on phone with MSc in order to get an answer "sorry it's a computer glitch" our system shows you have credit 🙈🙈🙈 we will fix it by tomorrow. I went to DR to change my table was not done as well. Couldn't even see Metre D ."he is not there" we will help you later. 😈 never happened before on any ship. Now I go have my drink (no😈 not from my pre booked pakage) and try not to kill anybody.

Yeah it's not going well for me either. I didn't get my luggage until 9:30 pm last night. I had also ordered the bon voyage package as a nice surprise. Never got it. I spent an hour in line to get a refund, only to have the lady tell me it's my fault because I didn't tell them what day to deliver it. I pointed out that it says it's going to be delivered on embarkation. She calls someone and tells me that they just delivered it. Um, ok. Go back to the room and nothing is there. Call extension 99 and they tell me they did deliver it. So guess I'm out $60. Today we'll see what happens with the restaurant tickets I bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh, sorry both of you are having issues. I agree embarkation was not much fun with the long wait, but I know stuff happens. We haven't had any on board issues ourselves, but we also did not prepay for anything. Our luggage arrived later than we expected last night at 6pm, but of course it could have been worse as mjonis experienced unfortunately.

On the plus side, it's a beautiful sea day. Hope things go better for both of you today, and if either of you are going we hope to see you at the meet and greet at 4pm!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Whoops, spoke too soon. Received a note in our room about our failure to attend the muster drill, which we did attend and had our cards scanned at. Think it's now taken care of though.

How strict are they about the dress code for men in the MDR (e.g. coat & tie?)

I think last night was casual. Nobody complained about my jeans and shirt. I think tonight is the first formal night. I will say that it was quite warm in the upper black crab last night. I may pass out wearing the suit tonight. But the menu isn't really inspiring tonight so I may book the specialty restaurant assuming I can find the maitre'd. Nobody in the restaurant knew what I was talking about when I mentioned the restaurant tickets. Sigh. Very uninformed staff and very poor operations, imo. If I didn't know better I'd say that this is the first time MSC had done this cruise. That's how disorganized things are.

By restaurant tickets do you mean you bought a dinner package? We bought the two dinners, Eataly and Galaxy for our April cruise and i was wondering how you make reservations. Sounds like lots of issues, hope they are able to fix things

Yes, we got the 4 restaurant package for like $75. Fortunately I was looking at the lunch menu. LOL. So dinner tonight looks good with filet mignon. But yes, supposedly I can call the restaurant individually and make reservations even though the sheet says to talk to the maitre'd.

We are on Divina now. Embarcation was a disaster I never saw anything like that. Started at 2 pm followed by chaos of pushing people. My coupons for drinks and water was not found . I had to spend one hour on phone with MSc in order to get an answer "sorry it's a computer glitch" our system shows you have credit 🙈🙈🙈 we will fix it by tomorrow. I went to DR to change my table was not done as well. Couldn't even see Metre D ."he is not there" we will help you later. 😈 never happened before on any ship. Now I go have my drink (no😈 not from my pre booked pakage) and try not to kill anybody.

Does this mean embarkation doesn't start till 2 pm??

Oh dear!

I'm so sorry to read all this - not great starts to a supposedly relaxing holiday is it? :confused:

I really do sincerely hope that you can all get everything sorted out to your liking and that you can all start to enjoy your cruise from here on in.

Does this mean embarkation doesn't start till 2 pm??

It did for us, but the crew at the cruise critic meet and greet explained it as (I believe) due to customs the last people to disembark on the previous cruise left 1.5 hours late, thus causing our cruise to start embarking a similar amount of time late.

One thing I didn't realize, although I may have read it here and missed it, is that the coffee voucher deal can only be purchased beforehand. You can only buy the 18 voucher package and the regular drink packages on the ship. But the coffee drinks are reasonable anyway.

Could someone who is on the Divina now tell me if they offer complimentary coffee in the regular dining room at dinner? When we were aboard in November, we were never offered coffee. No one in our group particularly cared about coffee in the evening, so we didn't ask but it was unusual to us that this was never offered. So, the question remains - is complimentary coffee available in the dining room with dinner?

Thanks -

Mary Lou

We got complimentary coffee in MDR if we wanted it. Not sure if they fellow guests asked the first night and then it was routine, or not. We don't drink coffee, so it was not a problem for us. I think someone at the table also had tea. I know one man had iced tea every night. We didn't have the best of wait staff....I think our waiter should have retired a few years ago...EM