WWYD Garden Villa Gem or Haven Breakaway?

Rileyz

Trying to decide between Gem in the GV + one Haven suite or Breakaway 3 Haven suites. We have 9 ppl, 6 adults and 3 kids. I've been on both ships. The big difference of course is Gem does the Bahamas and Breakaway does Bermuda. I love Bermuda and the Breakaway has a lot to do, however I find the haven service a little less personal and chaotic. I've always had a great experience in th Gem haven and would love to try the GV. The prices are essentially the same (aka outrageous lol). Tell me what to do! Lol

I've done the Dawn GV and the BA haven twice, and I would say it's a tough choice but I'd pick the GV. There's just nothing like the service and treatment you get in that room. There are a lot of rooms in the BA haven but only 2 GV.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would do the GV on the Gem. Figuring that it would probably be a once in a lifetime experience, you can book a Haven suite anytime, but to stay in the GV would be a special treat.

Also, as the ships seem to keep getting bigger and bigger, I would sail on the Gem now as who knows how much longer that size ship will be around.

Although I would miss the Haven restaurant on the Breakaway.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

If it were me, for similar price, I would hands down take the Garden Villa on the Gem. I have been on the Gem twice, once in an H3 on deck 10, once in an H4. LOVED the Gem both times.

I have been on Breakaway in an H2-H5, and the Getaway in an H4. I will be sailing in an H7 with my son in March.

I absolutely LOVE the Haven, I don't think I would sail NCL without it. I really love the Gem, I like the size better. I do enjoy the Haven Restaurant, but would gladly give it up for the Garden Villa. I might never leave the Villa! And from what I have read, you basically are treated as royalty. That was not at all the case for us in our H2-H5 on the Breakaway.

GV is great but remember no Haven restaurant on GEM. I just did the Bahamas on Breakaway and would not do it again. Also, have done the Breakaway Haven to Bermuda and Bahamas. Ports are important for us and Bermuda is way better than Bahamas. IMHO save the GV for a better itinerary

and go with the Bermuda on Breakaway.

GV is great but remember no Haven restaurant on GEM. I just did the Bahamas on Breakaway and would not do it again. Also, have done the Breakaway Haven to Bermuda and Bahamas. Ports are important for us and Bermuda is way better than Bahamas. IMHO save the GV for a better itinerary

and go with the Bermuda on Breakaway.

Bermuda is way better, no doubt. What if this is my only shot at the GV, would that change your mind? Thx

Personally, I would base it on how much "togetherness" I felt like having with the group. If I thought I'd need my own space, then I'd be tempted to do the 3 separate suites so there's always a place to escape with just my family unit (hubs and kids) if being with the group might get overwhelming or annoying. But if I wanted to be able to hang out all the time, and knew my group would all get along great for the whole time, then GV sounds amazing.

I got a great deal on a Pacific Coastal in the GV on the Jewel and will never, ever forget it! Truly a once in a lifetime cruise! Had the Cruise Critic sail-away party there....wow! I don't think I'd care if I were just sailing around in circles.....I'd grab the GV!!:cool:

You should be able to order dinner served by the Butler (or in your case, perhaps a few Butlers?!) if you don't want the regular restaurants.

You'll have a wonderful space for dining in that GV living/dining room.

(And if the children are young, then they won't need to sit quietly at the table for the full meal. They could get up a bit, and then return.)

But one point above... you would all be "together" quite a bit, compared with having a Haven area which would be less private, but a lot more space.

Enjoy either way!

I would lean toward the GV on the Gem,,, just for the space. In reality, the Havens courtyard rooms are just "big balconies". You need to get a 2BR or Forward/Aft Havens room to get a separate living room space.

The Havens restaurant and courtyard are nice (the BA courtyard puts the Gem's Haven space to shame).

Maybe a Gem OS and a couple of forward facing suites (all non-Haven) to reduce costs.

Speaking from experience of having stayed in both the GV on the Gem for 11 days and in the Haven on the Breakaway. I would say to pick the GV on the Gem. Destination doesn't seem to matter when you're in the GV.

Yes, the Haven Restaurant is great but there's NOTHING like the treatment of staying in the GV. When you ask for something in the GV, the Concierge will say, " You're in the Garden Villa". One of our friends who stayed with us only drank caffeine free diet Coke and they didn't have any on the ship. But after we stopped at the 1st port it appeared in the room.

You also have access to the Haven on the Gem while staying in the GV.

Go with the GV

Monty

GV is my dream cruise, regardless of destination. so you have to take it if you have the choice. haven on BA is nice but from the pics I've seen of GV you are crazy not to take that.

I agree! Trying to convince my husband. Thanks everyone!