If I book a cruise for someone else...

Perky1

I did this several years ago and the person I booked for received all the on board perks being offered at the time.

Unfortunately, they had to cancel the cruise and the deposit was refunded to my credit card( a minor inconvenience).

eaglewar

I've booked while on board many of times for other people. Last May I booked 3 cabins together. They get all the perks offered and reduced deposit. I put the deposit on my credit card.

Were you sailing on the cruises too? I've never tried to book for others when I wasn't going on the future cruise - is it permitted?

So, if I understand correctly, we are going to book for 2018 while onboard and I'd I book their cabins at the same time they will get the same perks! Thank you.

Yes

I have never booked a cruise for some else that I was not booking a cabin for myself also. I'm going to book 1 or 2 cruises while on our cruise in January, I will ask.

If I book a cruise for someone else while I am onboard do they get any advantages to me doing this beside getting our cabins together? Are you allowed to do this?

The last time we were aboard, we booked our next cruise and a cabin for our daughter and my mother in law. They got all the perks of booking on-board, but wouldn't be able to change any part of the booking and keep those perks unless we also changed. We paid the deposit (only $100) and it was fully refundable.

In any event, we didn't make any changes and will be sailing 2 weeks from today!