Oceania Cruises website Sign-In odity

Iamthesea

Today, for several tries, whenever I went to Oceania's website, I was greeted with a notice near the upper left corner of the website saying:

Logged In as MISS Cynthia XXXXX That is not my name. :eek::confused: (For that person's protection, I am not revealing their last name.)

I always log out after I have been into my account. So I was surprise to see that I was logged into Oceania...but as someone else. :rolleyes:

Not until I logged out of the webpage, and then logged back in with my info, did the mysterious name disappear.

Has this happened to anyone else lately?

Today, for several tries, whenever I went to Oceania's website, I was greeted with a notice near the upper left corner of the website saying:

Logged In as MISS Cynthia XXXXX That is not my name. :eek::confused: (For that person's protection, I am not revealing their last name.)

I always log out after I have been into my account. So I was surprise to see that I was logged into Oceania...but as someone else. :rolleyes:

Not until I logged out of the webpage, and then logged back in with my info, did the mysterious name disappear.

I think you might've won the Internet cookie lottery today!

Without logging in a website would know you from a cookie on your PC and there is some sort of conflict. Sounds like your logging out clear that and so when you log in again you were no longer Miss Cynthia (you might just have coined a new Internet nickname for yourself inadvertently! :)

I always uncheck that little box labelled 'keep me signed in' no matter whose website I'm logging into plus I always clear cookies and history (automatically) in my browser when I close it. Despite that just the other day I had a persistent problem with the webpage that was retaining data and it was stored in history not a cookie and required me to manually

Strange but true.

And oddly here on Cruise Critic today, and only on CC I am having problems in that it is constantly requiring me to login again. For example I was logged in, clicked the quote button to reply to your post and CC required me to login again even though it was only < one minute passed from when I logged in previously. And I know from a post I made earlier on another thread that when I click submit reply this webpage is going to require me to login again to send it.

So my plan is to clear my browser's history close and reopen the browser and I suspect things will be good again. You may want to try that to the next time you run into that sort of wacky behaviour.

Without logging in a website would know you from a cookie on your PC and there is some sort of conflict. Sounds like your logging out clear that and so when you log in again you were no longer Miss Cynthia (you might just have coined a new Internet nickname for yourself inadvertently!

But it is my home personal computer and no one here is named Cynthia. So how did she get on my computer and log in Oceania?

I opened the website up on different browsers...I.E., I.E. Incognito, Google Chrome and GC Incognito, and continued to get the same message about Cynthia C. (anyone on here have that name? :D)

She is no where to be found, now. :cool:

I always uncheck that little box labelled 'keep me signed in' no matter whose website I'm logging into plus I always clear cookies and history (automatically) in my browser when I close it. Despite that just the other day I had a persistent problem with the webpage that was retaining data and it was stored in history not a cookie and required me to manually

I ALWAYS un-click that little box for most things, but do stay logged into Cruise Critic. Even so, if I open up CC in a different browser, I have to sign in again.

Edited by Iamthesea

It also happened to me about two months ago. I left the site and came back in and the incorrect salutation was gone.