3 or 4 day Bahama cruise

Ontario cruise duo

If I lived close to port it would be worth it, or if there was enough at the port to keep me busy a few days before and after, then sure. Since I live in the midwest and air runs about 200-300pp I would not do it again or suggest it to others unless the above were true. If you are close to a port, go for it as well... Just not worth the air and trouble for that short a cruise. I prefer longer over shorter cruises

Thinking about a 3 or 4 day Bahama cruise. For people who have done these, did you enjoy it or not and would you recommend this to others. Would appreciate you input. Thanks!

Don't know how much time you have, coming from Canada. I have never taken the Sky cruises, but I am looking at taking the 11 day Jade from NYC, which arrives in Miami on Monday, 11/6/17, and then taking a 4 day Sky, perhaps stopping in Havana.

Think of a shorter cruise as a taster, but mind you it does not reflect the relaxing pace of a longer cruise. The 4 day attracts an easier crowd, the 3 day is known for a more party atmosphere (as it goes over the weekend, or at least it was on the Sky). As the Sky is an older ship she is the least attractive of the NCL fleet in perspective to NCL marketing showing ships with all the bells and whistles, that's a factor to consider too. :)

We did a 4 day on the Sky in 2014, spent 2 nights at South Beach in a boutique hotel and the cruise after that, we enjoyed ourselves and really loved the day at Great Stirrup Cay. If it was worth a transatlantic return flight, no. Was it a better day than at the office, yesss. :D

As said above, combining it with another cruise or as we did with a pre or post cruise stay it could be worth it. Or not. It all depends.. :)

If I was a local I would certainly book those cruises as a weekend getaway, some last minutes can't even beat your weekend groceries.. :D

We're doing the 4-day Sky as part of a two week trip to Florida. As others have said, you just have to remember the Sky isn't the same as other cruises due to her age, the short itinerary and the all-inclusive alcohol.

Thinking about a 3 or 4 day Bahama cruise. For people who have done these, did you enjoy it or not and would you recommend this to others. Would appreciate you input. Thanks!

We sail on the sky once or twice a year and highly recommend it.

People say "it's an older ship",,,, "it's not the same". Disagree. It's a cruise, and there isn't much different than any other cruise. We are "older" than the mean age on the cruise, but don't find it distracting or unappealing. In fact, some of the best cruise service we have ever had,,, has been on the Sky.

Why a short cruise,,, because you show up to the office, get a little done on Friday, then fly down to Miami and "be on a cruise",,, then on Monday, you can be back in the office by lunch time. On Friday night, we can be eating at Cagney's, watching a show, having a drink, listening to music, and enjoying being on the ocean.

You may disagree BT but it's only fair to give a heads up that the Sky isn't the Escape, it's not a negative comment on the Sky or her crew or possibilities to have a great time onboard in any way but rather a tip for inexperienced cruisers/anyone who reads along. :)

Edited by FreestyleNovice
grammar

Just got off the Sky yesterday (4 day cruise). Booked it only because when we were on the Spirit in January, we couldn't tender into GSC. Had a great week - ATV excursion in Freeport, Blue Lagoon beach day in Nassau and a small cabana at GSC.

It's definitely a booze cruise for a lot of people because of the all-inclusive alcohol, but that also means fewer people are on the excursions and at the shows, since they're at the bars at night and recovering in bed all morning. Airfare from Connecticut was only $160 RT to Fort Lauderdale, so the price was just right. I prefer longer cruises, but I'd recommend the Sky.

We will be in Florida at the end of March, so I was thinking that we could take a Bahamian 3 or preferably 4 day cruise either BEFORE our week in Florida or AFTER our week there. Done several cruises with NCL before, usually 7 days, one time a 10 day cruise and am thinking if I could score a 4 day cruise deal, that we would sign up for that. DH is 58 and I will be just turning 57 (both young at heart, but not crazy big time drinkers). So, I think I'll keep watching and hoping for a deal and the Canadian $$$'s to gather some strength to the US $$$'s.:rolleyes:

End of March cruising is in the Easter/Springtime wheelhouse. Prices for cruises as well as airfare is not cheap. The current timeframe as mentioned by dohboy43 is great since prices for cruises are at their cheapest and 160 RT airfare from the Northeast is great as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app