Best & Worst dining room meal on the Divina?

NoName

If you have sailed on the Divina in the past year, what was your favorite & worst meal you had in the main dining room?

Best meal was.........?

Worst meal was........?

And as a follow up.......

Best dessert..........?

Worst dessert........?

Can't quite answer the way you want but I've been twice this year (April and Oct), and don't remember having a bad meal. I don't eat all sauced up entres, so did not eat everything, but liked everything I ate.

But, My favorite dessert was the Panacotta that they had at the buffet most nights.

Have a cruise reserved on Seaside when it comes out also.

Edited by dd likes to cruise

Can't quite answer the way you want but I've been twice this year (April and Oct), and don't remember having a bad meal. I don't eat all sauced up entres, so did not eat everything, but liked everything I ate.

But, My favorite dessert was the Panacotta that they had at the buffet most nights.

Have a cruise reserved on Seaside when it comes out also.

That is reassuring! Thanks for taking the time to answer. I need to go ask google what Panacotta is! Kim

That is reassuring! Thanks for taking the time to answer. I need to go ask google what Panacotta is! Kim

Panacotta is the italian version of custard. The Spanish have flan, the Italians have Panacotta and the French have Creme Brulee. Each has its distinctive flavor, but they're all custards.

Panacotta is the italian version of custard. The Spanish have flan, the Italians have Panacotta and the French have Creme Brulee. Each has its distinctive flavor, but they're all custards.

Thanks, I will give it a try! Kim

If you have sailed on the Divina in the past year, what was your favorite & worst meal you had in the main dining room?

Best meal was.........?

Worst meal was........?

And as a follow up.......

Best dessert..........?

Worst dessert........?

Food is subjective .

No such thing as a bad meal when you don't have to prep, cook, clean up and wash dishes afterwards.

I agree with you up to a point, however if they make something much better than something else.....just looking for an idea on what they make the best:)

Kim

The French onion soup was just weird. I ate it, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

Out last time in the Divina Yacht Club I also tried the french onion soup. It was not the traditional way to prepare it. The took both the broth and the onions and pureed them. The result was a thick, lumpy concoction that I didn't like at all. Fortunately, everything else was great.

Dan

Edited by Danbee46

I loved the onion soup. It is not the "French" onion soup that people think of but a yummy style of onion soup made by various regions in Italian. No salty beef broth and wishy washy mozzarella (or what passes for mozzarella in Olive Garden), but a chunky onion soup with wine and spices in the broth and a sharp tasting cheese on the hearty bread in the bottom of the bowl.

Best meal was.........? The pizza!!!! Esp. the breakfast pizza! :)

Worst meal was........? Not terrible but the waffles in the dining room were not so great...soggy...

And as a follow up.......The hash browns for breakfast were awesome in the main dining room- not the buffet....AND the pasta at dinner was fresh made and delicious!

Best dessert..........?Cannolis! Also the sorbet was awesome!

Worst dessert........? I like all desserts... nothing was bad! :)

Agree with Riclop food is subjective! Try everything and make your own mind up. It's the same as asking what is your favourite cocktail/ drink etc. Everyone has a different taste. My husband loves the Spritz they serve I can't stand it as don't like the taste of Aperol. I rediscovered Pina Colada he didnt like that. Same with food!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree on the pizza in the Eataly- La Cantina di Bacco. Made to order with fresh ingredients. There is a charge ($5.95- $8.95) but totally worth it. The Chef is from Napoli.

Best meal in the MDR was the Osso Buco.

Not impressed with the dinner buffets.

Agree with Riclop food is subjective! Try everything and make your own mind up. It's the same as asking what is your favourite cocktail/ drink etc. Everyone has a different taste. My husband loves the Spritz they serve I can't stand it as don't like the taste of Aperol. I rediscovered Pina Colada he didnt like that. Same with food!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I understand taste is subjective (I have 50 years of experience with eating...:)), but it is fun to discuss the trip and get tips from other cruisers.

Kim

I agree on the pizza in the Eataly- La Cantina di Bacco. Made to order with fresh ingredients. There is a charge ($5.95- $8.95) but totally worth it. The Chef is from Napoli.

Best meal in the MDR was the Osso Buco.

Not impressed with the dinner buffets.

I will definitely try the pizza in Eataly! I had to google "osso buco"....will consider trying this....! Thanks for the recommendations!

Kim