Why is Vista so late to leave Miami today....

SS Exeter

According to the Port of Miami map (the lower part of the page) - the Vista is still at the dock and it is 6:35 - I think she was supposed to leave at 5PM.

I can't see her in the webcam - but it is dark so I can't tell if she is still there are not.

Does anyone know what is up?:confused:

Edited by SS Exeter

it looks she is leaving now

its somewhat normal for a ship be delay an hour or two on embarkation day due to a wide range of activity's (longer luggage loading time, time to load additional supply's, last minute guest medical problem, etc)

leaving a few hours late usually has no effect on reaching port on time.

it looks she is leaving now

its somewhat normal for a ship be delay an hour or two on embarkation day due to a wide range of activity's (longer luggage loading time, time to load additional supply's, last minute guest medical problem, etc)

leaving a few hours late usually has no effect on reaching port on time.

Not sure of your definition of "somewhat normal" but we have been on 20+ cruises and have never once left late.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were delayed in October by a good 2 hours because of a group of 20 people that were late getting to port. I don't know the exact details, that's just what the captain came on and told us. We thought it was strange that they waited for them, but again, I don't know the exact reason for waiting. We did, however, get credit for the taxes we paid for alcohol while at port.

Not sure of your definition of "somewhat normal" but we have been on 20+ cruises and have never once left late.

I've been on 10 and left more than 30 minutes late twice. Once was about 5:45, and the other was near 7:30. We were told once was due to a ship in the Mobile port are that was sailing in (that was the 7:30) and the other was it took longer to load the supplies than usual.

In watching port cams, it seems at least one ship a week is a little late in leaving. Typically not a big deal.

Years ago we were on a Panama Canal cruise and we were suppose to leave at 5pm and I think we left at 8:30. The reason was due to very bad thunderstones in Miami & Ft Lauderdale dozens of flights were delayed. Our first two days were sea days, and the captain assured us that we could make up the time once we set sail (And we did). If the captain had left on time, the ship would have been nearly empty.

According to the Port of Miami map (the lower part of the page) - the Vista is still at the dock and it is 6:35 - I think she was supposed to leave at 5PM.

I can't see her in the webcam - but it is dark so I can't tell if she is still there are not.

Does anyone know what is up?:confused:

That is not new.

We were delayed in October by a good 2 hours because of a group of 20 people that were late getting to port. I don't know the exact details, that's just what the captain came on and told us. We thought it was strange that they waited for them, but again, I don't know the exact reason for waiting. We did, however, get credit for the taxes we paid for alcohol while at port.

They must have booked travel/airline through CarnivL, in which case it is Carnival's responsibility to wait for them or fly them to the next( first port).

Less expensive to wait!

Could be delayed flights out of the Midwest due to severe snow. Could be trying to load over 8,000 pieces of luggage and enough supplies to feed and care for over 4,000 guests and 2,000 crew members. The larger the ships get, the longer the loading process.