Magic 12/3

harry0

Quick review from a Royal Caribbean Loyalist.

Pros

Good activities. Always something to do.

Comedy was plentiful and enjoyable-only went to the pg shows.

Burger joint was tasty as was the BBQ but the food in the BBQ was not hot.

Ship was well laid out - Except getting trapped on certain floors due to the Galley.

Kids loved the slides and the rope course.

Dive in Movies were good but should have had more kids movies.

Kids program for younger children was good.

Cons

Too many announcements-even had one at 3:30 am and repeated till 4 am looking for a passenger. Found out passenger was sleeping in another cabin. There was a lot of tired-unhappy people that day including the crew.

They send the Fun Times out daily-Why does the cruise director need to repeat activities several times a day.

Circle C for 12-14 year olds seemed very disorganized. When I asked the person in charge about it I was told the children could do whatever they want when ever they want. This resulted in packs of children running around the ship getting into trouble. I noticed security guards posted there near the final nights of the cruise. My grandson only went 1 or 2 nights. I am not sure what Royals program is like for this age because he just turned 12.

My granddaughter wanted a picture taken with one of the Dr Seuss characters and was told we could not use our own cameras-I know Royal encourages pictures with Shrek and other characters. Cmon Carnival stop the nickel and diming.

We had an awesome time and I enjoyed Carnival but we will go back to Royal's Oasis class. We love cruising and I enjoy this site!

Thanks for the review!:D

We are on the Magic in June, and we are looking forward to it, as we have been on her sister ship, the Breeze, twice now, and enjoyed it.

We tried Oasis this past June, and while the ship was GORGEOUS and we loved so much stuff about it, it was just TOO big......

Looking forward to a few less tons....:D:D

Happy Cruising!!!

Thanks you for your thoughts. We will be on Magic in February. Very much looking forward to it.

We sail on different lines so are aware of the subtle and not-so-subtle differences. We too find the constant announcements on Carnival annoying. Guess they figure a lot of their passengers are illiterate.

Circle C for 12-14 year olds seemed very disorganized. When I asked the person in charge about it I was told the children could do whatever they want when ever they want. This resulted in packs of children running around the ship getting into trouble. I noticed security guards posted there near the final nights of the cruise. My grandson only went 1 or 2 nights. I am not sure what Royals program is like for this age because he just turned 12.

See, my son likes that the program isn't set in stone. They tend to go with what the kids want to do. No reason to force a bunch of 12-14 year olds to play a game if they don't want to do it. Although on our cruise, we didn't see/hear any problems with groups of kids causing problems. We saw our son walking around some times with other kids, other times he was in the Circle C playing video games. I think it really depends on what the kids want, they try to keep it a little less structured. This was our son's 3rd cruise in Circle C in the past year, so that's how it seems to go.

I dont know if it is a fact but Carnivals insides seemed more roomy than Royal-we had connecting cabins. Bathrooms were large too-we loved the shower curtain as opposed to the circular slider.

My wife used the serenity area and said it was great but she said there was not enough shade-and when she used it the outside temp was 95-that was the day in Belize.

I was too busy with with the grandkids to enjoy it.

Edited by harry0

Another cool thing Carnival offered-I did not use it but my sister and wife used the social media package $30 for week and $5 chat/text which came in handy when we wanted to communicate with home and each other on the ship.

"May the Schwartz be with you, love you bye, love you more,ok bye" That was the CD catch phrase everytime. Kind of lame if you ask me. Other then that it was an AWESOME time cruising with family and friends.Great review Harry.