Brilliance still in Tampa - Fog

mxylpic

We were on the infamous Brilliance cruise that got completely cancelled because of fog!!!

Our problem was the previous cruise could not get back to Tampa, so those passengers got a two day longer cruise and we got to go home!! :eek::eek:

All was not lost.....we had trip insurance so we were able to recoup our losses and we rebooked the same cruise for a couple of months later and had a wonderful time.

Love the Brilliance but haven't been able to convince my hubby to risk it again.

All was not lost.....we had trip insurance so we were able to recoup our losses and we rebooked the same cruise for a couple of months later and had a wonderful time.

One of the reason why we don't cruise without trip insurance! You'll never know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I live in St. Petersburg and the fog cleared around one here, but I can imagine the fog lingering around the skyway.

At least the next day is at sea so they most likely wont lose time at the first stop.

Sent from Tapatalk

We are going to be on the Brilliance Jan 9th and fingers crossed NO FOG! 1st time sailing Royal and out of Tampa. Us Nor'Easters will need relief from the cold winter already in play:rolleyes:

Good luck! We had fog again this morning, but it cleared out a lot earlier and it's only the second time this year.

Sent from Tapatalk

We are going to be on the Brilliance Jan 9th and fingers crossed NO FOG! 1st time sailing Royal and out of Tampa. Us Nor'Easters will need relief from the cold winter already in play:rolleyes:

We leave on it right after you, Jan 14, and worried now about the fog, especially with a port being the day after we leave :eek:

Looks like another morning fog in Tampa:( I'll assume the cold air jet stream pushing down from the North meeting up with warm air is the cause. Keeping those fingers crossed for our Jan 9th sail date!

We just got back and had a blast. But…I wish I had packed more warmer clothes. It was cloudy, rainy and chilly. Colder than I expected. Definitely bring a lightweight jacket and maybe even a umbrella. It poured the day we were in Cozumel. Just be prepared for chilly weather that time of the year.

The fog here has been especially bad this week. Today it was at least 10:00 before the haze was gone in Lutz. A delayed departure would not be ideal on Saturday, but a delayed arrival on Christmas Eve would be disasterous. We are going straight from the port to my in-law's house to do Christmas with them, and then have to be at the airport by 3:00 to catch a flight to PA for my family. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Did several cruises on Brilliance in January and loved our 14 days. Great crew, perfect size for us, looking forward to sailing her again next month. One of our favorite perks as Diamond Plus was breakfast in Chops. Does anyone know if this is still available?

We were on the Dec. 12th fog delayed cruise! :)

I made a bit of a fool of myself ... after exploring the ship a while during the day, having lunch, etc. we went down to our cabin to be on the balcony for departure ... waited and waited ... eventually checked on things and knew about the delay ... so we went and did a few other things in the interior of the ship.

Eventually stopped and spoke to a crew member and asked if they knew how long the delay would be. She very politely, but with a tone of confused exasperation, said "Ma'am we're underway ..." and pointed to a window ... where I could see the port passing by ....

Well DUH! (me) ... at some point while we were in a shop or bar or maybe the gallery ... the ship had launched!!!!! :o

Edited by Cro_and_Swan