Drink Package question, again. (sorry)

whitshel

On our previous cruises we upgraded to the premium package on embarkation. Booked for February and will upgrade again with our onboard credit. We found that it was worth the cost as could have most drinks and if you have something that is more expensive you only pay the difference. I like to not have to think about how much I am spending, and also it is great to be able to have a different wine with every course at dinner

Kind of new to X - so is it that easy to upgrade once on the ship from Classic to Premium?

Kind of new to X - so is it that easy to upgrade once on the ship from Classic to Premium?

You will not be hounded and harassed, but the opportunities to upgrade will abound. About five steps into the ship there will be a person ready to accommodate you if you want an upgrade. Another hanging around the Guest Relations area. Etc. I believe those who sell drinks' packages or upgrades onboard receive "points", maybe even a commission. So my strategy is to go find a bar to wait for cabins to open up. Not just any bar, but the one where I expect to spend some time. Probably the Mast Bar. The server will very very happily run the upgrade for you, and you will have achieved a bond of sorts with that server.

Stan

I'm not an alcohol snob, I just wanna make sure I can get a Gin n Tonic, Bloody Mary, Jack or rum n coke, Long Island Ice tea, and maybe try a few new drinks that I normally wouldn't try. I really don't care what brand of alcohol they're made of but they need to fit in the classic package. :)

Crap beers and spirits in classic? Crown Royal, Seagrams 7, Canadian Club, and Absolute Vodka are higher end for me. Just my opinion. Im sure there are alot higher end boozes but Ive always been satisfied with Classic my wife upgrades to Premium and loves the Martinis.

Sorry, my comment was too broad, a clear over generalization. Beer, like coffee, seems to be a matter of getting used to a particular style of beer. Some like Bud Light, (and Starbucks coffee) that is what they drink, and that is what they are happy with. I don't like Bud Light, never have. When I look at the Classic offerings I see 4 beers, all of that ilk. The higher-end craft beer selection is not all that wonderful, but definitely worth an extra $11.80 per day.

As far as spirits, my drink of choice is tequila. As I recall, Classic includes Jose Cuervo which, in my opinion, is the Bud Light or Corona of the tequila world. I do enjoy the occasional Bloody Maria on sea days, and better quality better tasting tequila makes a difference.