Ovation of the Seas arriving in Sydney now

Yes she is huge, a real stand out even in the dismal weather. Shame for it's harbour arrival.

well.. hope that it gets better weather tomorrow night on it's departure.... might head to Lady Mac's Chair for a view then

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/ovation-of-the-seas-live-stream-watch-the-biggest-cruise-ship-ever-to-sail-into-sydney-harbour/news-story/ac31a6037f5989eda4d67c14bfbf2fbc

Edited by shireboi

well.. hope that it gets better weather tomorrow night on it's departure.... might head to Lady Mac's Chair for a view then

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/ovation-of-the-seas-live-stream-watch-the-biggest-cruise-ship-ever-to-sail-into-sydney-harbour/news-story/ac31a6037f5989eda4d67c14bfbf2fbc

I am selfish and don't really care about the weather for them tomorrow but I do care about the weather on the 30th.

It's raining in the city now and is forecast to continue raining through tomorrow, though mostly in the morning. I hope they get a break in the weather for their departure.

Also, I only realised upon seeing it in person that the hull is light blue?!

Yeah, weird isn't it. Something they've done for all their Quantum class ships.

Supposedly to better reflect the blue sky in sunny environments - yet they ironically aren't based in very blue/sunny places!

Yeah, weird isn't it. Something they've done for all their Quantum class ships.

Supposedly to better reflect the blue sky in sunny environments - yet they ironically aren't based in very blue/sunny places!

I thought I was seeing things. I haven't ever been able to tell that it was a shade of blue in photos or videos I had seen online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went down to OPT around 12.30. Looked to be very efficient operation - lots of staff checking passengers in with IPads. Looked like no waiting although second level looked a bit crowded. Gbenjo and team must have had it all under control. Even saw the big Star Class sign - I think for baggage dropoff - but no Genies (probably too late).

Ship looked great but do miss a proper promenade deck. Lifeboats obliterate the promenade deck but guess that is the trade-off for squeezing as many cabins as possible. I think a full promenade deck just breaks up that look of a floating block of apartments.