Chops Grille vs Chops Grille: A Culinary Celebration

SaintTaris

The normal price for Chops Grille is ~$35. per person During the Christmas cruise on Independence of the Seas, they are offering Chops Grille: A Culinary Celebration for $75 per person. The only difference that I can see between the two is a glass of champagne and Amuse Bouche, Petits - Fours. I'm trying to wrap my head around the huge price difference.

Here's the description of the Culinary Celebration.

Ring in the holiday at Chops Grille with a merry mouthwatering fine-dining experience. Toast friends and family with a glass of champagne and an amuse-bouche. Then enjoy one of our signature main courses from the full menu including the most delectable steaks or a special holiday lobster tail. The meal is complete with a selection of petits fours - making your holiday a Specialty one.

Is this really worth $75 per person? I'm sure there will be a special meal served on Christmas night.

We're going to be on Navigator over Christmas and New Years and they have blocked off both Chops and Giovanni's for Dec 24, 25, 31 and Jan 1. I assume they are charging this ridiculous upcharge on all 4 of these days.

NO WAY am I paying that much more for a meal that is already overpriced. The MDR will just have to do !

Royal has decided to try to get every last $ they can out of the guests for dining on the holidays. Not worth the premium IMO.

GASP!!!! You're KIDDING me????? A company is trying to MAKE MONEY??? I'm shocked I tell you!

Hello!!! Why NOT bump the price? Everything is set where the market will bear. Don't think it's worth it? Don't go! Why should cruise ships be any different than every land side restaurant worth it's salt? People want to celebrate, so they pretty up their offerings and charge a premium. God bless America. Have at it Royal!

The normal price for Chops Grille is ~$35. per person During the Christmas cruise on Independence of the Seas, they are offering Chops Grille: A Culinary Celebration for $75 per person. The only difference that I can see between the two is a glass of champagne and Amuse Bouche, Petits - Fours. I'm trying to wrap my head around the huge price difference.

Here's the description of the Culinary Celebration.

Ring in the holiday at Chops Grille with a merry mouthwatering fine-dining experience. Toast friends and family with a glass of champagne and an amuse-bouche. Then enjoy one of our signature main courses from the full menu including the most delectable steaks or a special holiday lobster tail. The meal is complete with a selection of petits fours - making your holiday a Specialty one.

Is this really worth $75 per person? I'm sure there will be a special meal served on Christmas night.

We are facing the same question on Liberty, sailing 12/26/16. We asked a number of people, including RCCL staff, what the differences were. You may choose differently, but for us we will be celebrating that night in the MDR. We already have Chops booked, along with Chefs Table and other things. They will need to provide a lot more to justify the doubled price in our minds.

GASP!!!! You're KIDDING me????? A company is trying to MAKE MONEY??? I'm shocked I tell you!

Hello!!! Why NOT bump the price? Everything is set where the market will bear. Don't think it's worth it? Don't go! Why should cruise ships be any different than every land side restaurant worth it's salt? People want to celebrate, so they pretty up their offerings and charge a premium. God bless America. Have at it Royal!

No argument there: But if I don't see enough additional value, I won't buy. I just don't feel champagne and little cakes justifies a doubled price. I pay at least that for Chef's Table, but there's more to the experience. I would buy the culinary celebration, too, but if there's more to that experience, they sure don't describe it in much detail. If you decide to go, that's great. Maybe I'll find out later I missed out on something really cool. OK, I'll know for next time.

There were additional up-charge menu items on the standard Chops menu for Dry Aged beef etc. Wonder if these are included for these "Special" dinners.

Yes, upgrade steaks and lobster tails are included in the price. Booked on Ovation over NYE. Price is even more eye popping in Aussie $$s, but it's a special occasion

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, upgrade steaks and lobster tails are included in the price. Booked on Ovation over NYE. Price is even more eye popping in Aussie $$s, but it's a special occasion

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If I can get the dry aged 20 oz Porterhouse, I would be happy.

Ohh, and I went ahead and paid for the Culinary Celebration.