Best ship for 12, 10, & 6 year old.

Ozzmund

We are considering taking our daughter, SIL and grandkids 12,10,8&6 on a Caribbean cruise. We prefer Royal over Disney and wonder what ship would be the best choice for this group?

We are considering taking our daughter, SIL and grandkids 12,10,8&6 on a Caribbean cruise. We prefer Royal over Disney and wonder what ship would be the best choice for this group?

I would personally do an Oasis class. The Oasis of the Seas sails out of Port Canaveral. Allure of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas sail out of Ft. Lauderdale. Harmony would be my first choice being that it is the newest, but it's also the most expensive at the moment too. Otherwise I'd choose the Freedom class.

If you wanna WOW the kids... definitely an Oasis Ship... any would be great, but HARMONY would be the bomb!

My kids (10 &12) really do not prefer to go with us if we are smaller than a Freedom. There just isn't enough always catered to them.

Oasis class is a good choice. Rock wall, skating rink, zipline, mini golf, kids splash zone on the pool deck, flow rider, merry go round, Boardwalk games, and the kids will probably really enjoy the show in the Aquatheater. And Harmony also has big slides and big water slides.

Freedom class is minus the slides, merry go round and zipline, and no Boardwalk/Aquatheater, but still has plenty to entertain.

Oasis class is a good choice. Rock wall, skating rink, zipline, mini golf, kids splash zone on the pool deck, flow rider, merry go round, Boardwalk games, and the kids will probably really enjoy the show in the Aquatheater. And Harmony also has big slides and big water slides.

Freedom class is minus the slides, merry go round and zipline, and no Boardwalk/Aquatheater, but still has plenty to entertain.

Not totally true Liberty got the slides last year

I would choose the Freedom class of ships - all of the bells and whistles of the Oasis class in a smaller size (not much smaller, but less passengers).

Love the Freedom class of ships. However, to say they have all the bells and whistles of the Oasis is not true.

My grandson loves the zip line, as an example. Also, the different neighborhoods, Central Park, Boardwalk carousel, etc.

Shows and entertainment superior on Oasis class - again Aqua theater as an example.

Either class is a good choice, but Oasis class of ships are like no others. They are bigger and hence more passengers, but actually handle passenger flow better than many smaller ships.

Edited by Grandma Dazzles