JUST FOR FUN: Who is your favorite cruise director and why?

smootsdce

From the new once I choose Jamie Fentiman, really nice guy and very funny the British way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes I agree with this but I feel like they will keep him to as many British sailings as possible. He does humour the right way for me but I appreciate not all nationalities will agree

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I agree with this but I feel like they will keep him to as many British sailings as possible. He does humour the right way for me but I appreciate not all nationalities will agree

Jamie is regular CD on Voyager doing Asia and Australia, so he certainly is not being consigned to the UK based ships.

Leigh and Erky from Turkey were my favorites. I was very happy to hear Chris Hopkins got a promotion to CD. He filled in for Abe a couple of days on Anthem, and did a wonderful job.

+1 for Erky, he is a very talented guy.

Anyone on Team Bing Bong? :D Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

YES!!!

He was the CD for our first cruise (I think it was on the Monarch?) and the kids (who were about 8 and 9 then) walked around all week saying "bing bong!"

I wish he was the CD on the Oasis-that would be my favorite ship with my favorite cruise director :). H and I still say "bing bong!" at random times while we're onboard, lol.

Ok ill rephrase. The yanks won't like his style!!

Jamie gets a lot of good reviews, many from Americans.

I do think that each CD is suited to one market more than another. People like Joff Eaton are well suited to the British and Australian market, People like John Blair for the Baltimore (tends to be a maturer audience) or Alaskan market, People like Abe Hughes for the 7NT Caribbean market from Florida, to name a few examples.

Leigh Xuareb (not sure if I spelled it right) was my favorite CD, but he's no longer with RCCL. I also loved Carlos Torres on the Empress from last month -- he's great too, but Leigh was definitely the best.

Leigh and urkey on oasis 10/2012. The best!!!!

Ricky Matthews. Saw him on 3 cruises and he had a tremendous amount of energy. Our twenty year-olds liked him too. We wonder what ship he is on now.

Majesty of the Seas. He said that ship is his favourite so was happy to return there.

I've never been very bothered about who is cruise director but we recently had Clo on the Brilliance TA and now I know why people care. She was outstanding, friendly, funny and always out and about around the ship talking to the passengers. We even got up to do the 8am walk a mile every day because she made it such fun.

Julie

This is exactly how I felt. I never understood the threads about favorite CD's because none of them made an impression on my. I couldn't even tell you the name of one we had. But our last cruise with Clo showed me how good a CD can be. Loved her morning walks.

Joff Eaton Independence of the Seas. The only RCCL Cruise Director I’ve liked! So far that is!

Which others have you had?

Joff was CD on our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th cruises. We haven't had him since 2012, and no other CD has been better than him, although Abe Hughes, who we had in July on Harmony comes close.

We also liked Leigh in 2012 on Explorer, but he's been gone for a while now.

Dru Pavlov for me has been the best cruise director on any cruiselines we have ever sailed. He was always out and about the ship, easy to talk to and really seemed to love what he was doing.

A close second for us is Clo O'Conner. Same reasons as Drew, and we always looked forward to her stories. She's a great lady with a wonderful sense of humour and again seems to really love what she's doing.

Which others have you had?

Joff was CD on our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th cruises. We haven't had him since 2012, and no other CD has been better than him, although Abe Hughes, who we had in July on Harmony comes close.

We also liked Leigh in 2012 on Explorer, but he's been gone for a while now.

We’ve only done two other RCCL ships, Freedom and Oasis both from Port Canaveral and can’t remember anything about the cruise directors! The recent Independence Cruise was from Southampton.

Joffrey, of course. Had him on our last 3 cruises, Indy, Ovation and Anthem. He's great

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always thought that Joff would go down well with the Australians. I really want to have him as CD again, it's been too long!

I wish I had Joff when I was on Anthem, got stuck with John Blair instead.