Port Everglades parking

summer slope

I posted this on another thread but wanted opinions here. We want to park at the port and take a taxi to the airport. We are cruising out of San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. Want the car waiting when we return. Thoughts on if this is possible.

Edited by summer slope

I posted this on another thread but wanted opinions here. We want to park at the port and take a taxi to the airport. We are cruising out of San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. Want the car waiting when we return. Thoughts on if this is possible.

Your plan could be expensive. Have you checked off port parking options/prices? While I choose to patronize Port Everglades parking facilities, I would want to check what other options might be available.

The convenience of having one's car right there at the Port may be the most important consideration for you. And, if so, I would agree.

Thank you for your reply. I checked the prices and they are within our budget. I want to know if we can get into the port and out of it without any problems. Yes, the convenience of the car right there will be wonderful.

No problems getting to and from. Car was in a fenced lot. Would do it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply. I checked the prices and they are within our budget. I want to know if we can get into the port and out of it without any problems. Yes, the convenience of the car right there will be wonderful.

Getting into the Port without sailing on that particular date? That is something that I had not considered. While we cruisers are always advised to have our documents ready to show upon demand, a Passport is the only thing I recall recently that I needed to produce. Maybe a phone call to the Port Everglades authorities to ask about your question might be in order.

Certainly in leaving the Port, there ought to be no issues. (My only one issue was almost being run over by a very large truck upon leaving the Pier 19 Terminal area.)

Edited by rkacruiser

A couple of months ago my sister and brother-in-law were going out of Port Everglades and drove down. They arrived a couple of days early and decided to go to the port to look around and make themselves familiar with

where they going. Couldn't get in because they didn't have documents for that date. They went through a little hassle to get turned around and off the property.

That was just their experience. Good luck.

Getting into the Port without sailing on that particular date? That is something that I had not considered. While we cruisers are always advised to have our documents ready to show upon demand, a Passport is the only thing I recall recently that I needed to produce. Maybe a phone call to the Port Everglades authorities to ask about your question might be in order.

Certainly in leaving the Port, there ought to be no issues. (My only one issue was almost being run over by a very large truck upon leaving the Pier 19 Terminal area.)

The parking was outside the port

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the park and fly isn't inside the security perimeter so there won't be any issues with the port. It's only a mile or so away and they will shuttle you to the airport and pick you up at the cruise port.

You will have to show a 'cruise ticket' to enter the port valid for the date of entry. They don't like people just looking around.

Use one of the offsite parking facilities and you won't have that issue.

I see on their website that they are now charging $12/day. That's only $3 less per day then parking next to the pier. When they used to be about half the onsite rate we used them, but now at the higher rate, it's not worth the additional hassle for me to use PNG.

I see on their website that they are now charging $12/day. That's only $3 less per day then parking next to the pier. When they used to be about half the onsite rate we used them, but now at the higher rate, it's not worth the additional hassle for me to use PNG.

Just parked at Park N Go two weeks ago for 11 day cruise. $9 per day if reserved in advance and pre-paid. Quick, fast service. 5 minute wait at disembarkation. Once our car didn't start when returned and they had it started within just few minutes. Always very pleased with them. Look for the monkeys!

Edited by jabcruiser

Just parked at Park N Go two weeks ago for 11 day cruise. $9 per day if reserved in advance and pre-paid. Quick, fast service. 5 minute wait at disembarkation. Once our car didn't start when returned and they had it started within just few minutes. Always very pleased with them. Look for the monkeys!

This week is 15.00 per day at PNG online or in person.

Also recommend the off-site parking as they handle your bags, they are usually waiting when we disembark and then they drop you at your car rather than you schlepping your bags to the ramp. Also very secure and convenient. You can reserve and pre-pay before you go which is very helpful and also no need to 'fib' about picking someone up.

Think it is $12/day at Park n Go and $15/day at the port

Check out the thread about credit card fraud at the port parking facility.