Drink Prices including Non-Alcoholic

Kudos2Fly

Okay just got back from an Royal Caribbean cruise. We haven't sail in about a year. We were surprised on the drink prices for Alcoholic drinks. All the mixed drink prices where $10-12. Now we don't drink much, we will normally have 2-3 drinks a night. So a total of 4-6 drinks. So never thought about getting the Cheers program as it would be a wast of money for us.

But have done some quick research and found out that Carnival is now including water, juice and specialty teas and coffee. Is this true? Being we would drink coffee and water everyday.

I'm asking to see if the Cheers program then would be of value to us. If we can get coffee and fresh orange juice in the morning along with water. We probably will buy it on our next cruise in Feb.

I'm asking what are the drink prices going for now on Carnival? Non-Alcoholic and Alcoholic?

Edited by Kudos2Fly

Everyone in the room over 21 would have to purchase it but here is whats included

The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:

All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and glasses of wine, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving

Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices

Specialty coffees and teas served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars

Milkshakes, where applicable

RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea

500ml bottles of water served in bars and lounges

Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving

25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for all beverage classes and seminars

Yes I know that part. I'm looking at the what the prices are now on Carnival per drink. So I can decided if this would be a good deal for us.

Since I haven't been on Carnival since Feb of last year. I know we went on Royal Caribbean and notice the increase in prices. I don't know if Carnival has done the same.

Don't forget to factor in the automatic 15% gratuity on the drink menu prices. If you buy Cheers, you will be charged 15% on the price of Cheers at the time you purchase it rather than the 15% on each drink (so you can compare apples to apples here).

I just want to make sure I understand this as I am now debating on the cheers program as well.

Are there any beverages that are included in the price of the cruise? I'm not a huge drinker so didn't think the cheers program would be beneficial, but seeing these prices it sure could add up in a hurry.

I just want to make sure I understand this as I am now debating on the cheers program as well.

Are there any beverages that are included in the price of the cruise? I'm not a huge drinker so didn't think the cheers program would be beneficial, but seeing these prices it sure could add up in a hurry.

There is free Lipton or Green Tea (Hot), Lemonade, Iced Tea (if I remember right - I don't drink the stuff), Juice for breakfast time, Milk, Water out of the tap, Coffee.

If you want a soda, bottled water, or any other type of drink that you see a price by on the menu (or alcohol, obviously), it costs money.

You can buy water ahead of time via the Fun Shops as well as some other drinks and spirits.

Edited by firemanbobswife

The only drinks that I know of that are "included" are water and orange from the machines in the Lido deck. Plus the tap water at dinner plus coffee from the machines on Lido.

I 100% agree on the everyone policy. They should make exception for pregnant women. Too many people would share if they did not enforce this rule.

Imagine how many of the girls on any given cruise would suddenly be "with child" so they could share the package? And just because you are pregnant doesn't mean you can't drink, just that you shouldn't. Just like smoking. While the vast majority of us wouldn't even consider doing either, many do. It's not against the law.