Confused newbie again... one more question

PippenBooBoo

Well maybe not just one. That remains to be seen. :p

I called and switched my Free at Sea shore excursion credit to the Specialty Dining plan today and I wondered if I could upgrade from 3 meals to 4 or possibly 5 meals; paying the difference of course. And if so should I do that now or when we board? TIA! again...:cool:

No worries on more questions,,, that's why most are here. After doing many cruises with NCL, we find that we enjoy the fee restaurants a lot, but often life on ship gets in the way. A suggestion for you since this is your first cruise, keep the 3 day meal plan and pay for any ones beyond that. This will allow you to be flexible and relax on your cruise as you may not know what you really like. This way you won't feel obligated to use the dining plan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are on a one week cruise the 3 nights in specialty restaurants should be good. Our cruise this past fall we had 4 meal SDP promotion plus we got two more nights in lebistro for being platinum. We actually wished we could have eaten in the main dining room and o'sheehans more. Our 7 night cruise this spring we are sticking with our two nights free dining for platinum status and eat on the go more.

Well maybe not just one. That remains to be seen. :p

I called and switched my Free at Sea shore excursion credit to the Specialty Dining plan today and I wondered if I could upgrade from 3 meals to 4 or possibly 5 meals; paying the difference of course. And if so should I do that now or when we board? TIA! again...:cool:

The smallest SDP package is 3 meals so no way to upgrade to 4 or 5.

You'd have to buy at least a package of 3 for a total of 6.

I would use the 3SDP in those venues that would give you the most bang for your buck such as the a la carte Cagneys or Le Bistro. If you wanted to expand it, then you would have the option to pay the flat rate fees of 25 at Moderno or 30 at Teppanyaki. Plus the required 18% gratuity.

I would use the 3SDP in those venues that would give you the most bang for your buck such as the a la carte Cagneys or Le Bistro. If you wanted to expand it, then you would have the option to pay the flat rate fees of 25 at Moderno or 30 at Teppanyaki. Plus the required 18% gratuity.

This is potentially the BEST answer!

Without knowing your 'taste' (no pun intended) it is hard to advise beyond, but you initial SDP three should include Cagney's, Le Bistro & possibly Moderno :)