Should I received Choice Air confirmation email?

emerald6273

Booked transatlantic flights on Choice Air for Sept/Oct 2017. Flights are on AA sold by BA. When I booked with Choice Air online didn't receive email but printed final page of website transaction which had my BA reservation number.

Have checked reservation number on BA where I was able to also see AA locator code and flight is definitely booked etc. Just thought it strange I didn't get email from Choice Air? I'm a UK customer so not planning to phone them as I would incur international phone call charge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I have the same question! I booked my flight last week for November 2017. Also British Airways. I printed out my confirmation details but haven't checked my booking code on their site yet. It clearly states I will receive a confirmation email in 24 hours. Hasn't happened. I feel like this was the case the other time I used ChoiceAir.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Remember that a reservation locator code (six characters) is NOT the same as an e-ticket, which has 13 digits. Until you have an e-ticket number, you may or may not be actually ticketed onto your flights. This is especially true with code-shares and connections between different carriers.

Booked transatlantic flights on Choice Air for Sept/Oct 2017. Flights are on AA sold by BA. When I booked with Choice Air online didn't receive email but printed final page of website transaction which had my BA reservation number.

Have checked reservation number on BA where I was able to also see AA locator code and flight is definitely booked etc. Just thought it strange I didn't get email from Choice Air? I'm a UK customer so not planning to phone them as I would incur international phone call charge.

I had the same thing happen to me with Choice Air a week ago. They had my email address wrong. Call them and they can re-send the confirmation.

Edited by clarea

The "Confirmation Email" from Choice Air means nothing. They are merely acting as an agent. It is whether you are properly in the systems of the marketing and operating carriers. The fact that you have a reservation locator is FAR more significant than any email from Choice.

If you can find a ticket number for your flight on the BA and AA websites, you have more than enough to fly. And if not, no amount of waving a "confirmation email" from Choice Air at a check-in agent will help you.

My TA agent emailed confirmation and I can see my reservation on both BA and AA with status as confirmed. Seems okay.

Again though, as a precaution make sure you have your ticket number handy on travel day, and that's the 13 digit number, not the 6 digit record locator.;)

Is the ticket number not normally on boarding pass? I'll only be able to get access to boarding pass 24hrs prior to flight when check in opens on line as it's a transatlantic flight.

You should be able to access your ticket number on the airline's website using the airline's record locator.

Edited by clarea

Is the ticket number not normally on boarding pass? I'll only be able to get access to boarding pass 24hrs prior to flight when check in opens on line as it's a transatlantic flight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I have a TA flight booked through air2sea for October and my ticket number was showing on the reservation at Delta's website.

Many cruise lines don't actually release the tickets until 45 days before the cruise.

Not true with the Majority of Choice Air flights (I believe they have the occasional promo for Australia and Asia where the flights are not booked right away). Unlike other cruiseline air programs, with Choice Air you select your specific flights and are booked immediately (you also have to pay immediately).

For my upcoming March cruise I received e-mail confirmation from Choice Air within a couple hours. That confirmation contained my booking reference. Upon receiving this I was able to log into the Westjet website, see my booking and pre-select seats. I was also able to speak to a rep and received my 13 digit e-ticket numbers.