Does "Go Best" no longer include the Premium Drink Package?

2theship

After reading some comments about the updated Celebrity website, I decided to do some looking for myself. I don't have much of an opinion about any of the changes but I did notice one thing - across the board for Go Big, Go Better and Go Best - the drink package remains the Classic Package. Is that true or is it simply a mistake on the web page?

I just booked with Go Best a week ago, assuming that I was getting the Premium package plus the other three perks. I took a look at my confirmation and it simply says "Go Best" on it and does not outline the specific perks.

This cruise is way, way in the future and involves four cabins so I'll email my TA later to get the scoop. I don't recall seeing any discussion here on CC about it - and I think it's a topic that would make the keyboards start smoking.

The 'See Details' link on the packages now includes descriptions for both Classic and Premium under Go Best. I think their website is a little bit of a mess.

If I try to quote the 1/20/18 Equinox Eastern Caribbean online, I never get an option for any perks. At the end of the booking it automatically says $300OBC is included. I called yesterday and the rep said the 3 promos are definitely available and was able to quote me prices on Better and Best. Perks are showing online under the similar Silhouette cruises but nothing on Equinox.

I booked yesterday and contacted the person at celebrity I booked the cruise through. She said in writing that it's for the premium package. I drink Red Bull vitamin water like it's going out of style. The beer part id actually be good on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went on the website and it says classic package initially then if you click book it, it says premium in fine print, then lists the other perks if you do the go best.

Anyone booking better double check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is another 'Wave' sale from 12/18 to 1/31. I imagine the website either has it wrong, or they curtailed the offer due to expecting high bookings during that timeframe?

I haven't followed the sales in quite a while but I seem to remember reading that several people actually saw some savings during previous Wave sales.

I would call - I just booked an early 2018 cruise on the equinox a week or two ago and the big-better-best option didn't show up (but it did for the same itinerary on the Silhouette) and she was able to add best. I went and looked at my booking and this is what it shows for the promotions (+$300 OBC lower down). The math for the drinks is $65/person/night - so the premium package.

PROMO2P $-910.00

BEVPRINGRAT $910.00

WIFI 7N $398.00

PROMO4UW7N $-398.00

PROMO3T $-196.00

Edited by clj7181

I would call - I just booked an early 2018 cruise on the equinox a week or two ago and the big-better-best option didn't show up (but it did for the same itinerary on the Silhouette) and she was able to add best. I went and looked at my booking and this is what it shows for the promotions (+$300 OBC lower down). The math for the drinks is $65/person/night - so the premium package.

PROMO2P $-910.00

BEVPRINGRAT $910.00

WIFI 7N $398.00

PROMO4UW7N $-398.00

PROMO3T $-196.00

Yes, what you're looking for here is the PR that I've bolded above. That indicates the premium beverage package. When it's the classic it will usually be CL instead.

Yes, what you're looking for here is the PR that I've bolded above. That indicates the premium beverage package. When it's the classic it will usually be CL instead.

I called, because after reading I got paranoid (like omg omg omg). She said even though mine says BEVCL, because it says GO BEST upgrade above it it means I have Premium. (I may have to email to get that in writing) but for the moment I'm not hyperventilating anymore. :)

I called, because after reading I got paranoid (like omg omg omg). She said even though mine says BEVCL, because it says GO BEST upgrade above it it means I have Premium. (I may have to email to get that in writing) but for the moment I'm not hyperventilating anymore. :)

I would keep checking. I don't think you're being paranoid about that at all. If you can get it in writing, I would!

I am booked on the Summit in June 2017. The promotion code I have on my confirmation is BEVPRINGRAT and I booked the Go Best. It also is correct in the Cruise planner under orders and I see that the drink package is Premium for both people sailing. Call and get a new confirmation sent through the automated system to verify.

Edited by twinsbur
spelling

We also have the GO Best promotion but my booking confirmation says BEVCLINGRAT - also the order history states the classic package. I guess it is because we first booked with the GO Big promotion. I have emailed 5 times and called 3 times to get this fixed. One email reply was that someone would call me. Nobody did. The rest of the emails remain not replied to.

First time I called they said this will be corrected within a couple of days

Second time I called they said that it needs to be corrected, but the person was not able to correct - she tried to put me through - but connection failed.

Third time I called they said it will be fixed automatically some time before the cruise. It is now 6 weeks and nothing has changed.

I honestly think this is bad service. I don't want to call back as most of the people I have spoken with at Celebrity has been generally unpleasant. Regardless my problem will be fixed or not they could respond to my emails and confirm whether I have the premium beverage package.

I hope the on board experience with Celebrity will be better.

After reading some comments about the updated Celebrity website, I decided to do some looking for myself. I don't have much of an opinion about any of the changes but I did notice one thing - across the board for Go Big, Go Better and Go Best - the drink package remains the Classic Package. Is that true or is it simply a mistake on the web page?

I just booked with Go Best a week ago, assuming that I was getting the Premium package plus the other three perks. I took a look at my confirmation and it simply says "Go Best" on it and does not outline the specific perks.

This cruise is way, way in the future and involves four cabins so I'll email my TA later to get the scoop. I don't recall seeing any discussion here on CC about it - and I think it's a topic that would make the keyboards start smoking.

We just came back from sailing on Equinox and I have to say that Celebrity was heavily promoting upgrades to Premium packages. I would not a bit surprised if they only will give classic pack as perk and expect people to pay for an upgrade.

I would not a bit surprised if they only will give classic pack as perk and expect people to pay for an upgrade.

That might be correct, however at first blush, the price for Go Best seems too high versus Go Better. We have Go Better Classic & OBC - Go Best to add Gratuities and Wi Fi seems too expensive.

Okay - so this is interesting.

These were my options when I originally booked my March 2017 cruise in Sept 2016:

GBBB_zpsjkof2srz.jpg

When I go look at the same cruise now these are the options:

initial%20options_zpsbtu2kaeh.jpg

And when you click see details they show both bev packages:

see%20details_zpscmrbyflx.jpg

But, when you click "select" on the Go Best option you get this:

options_zps2erlejtz.jpg

So, if you booked "Go Best" and have the CL showing up in your Bev package, I would call until you got someone to change it to Premium. They may be changing the entitlements or it just may be a web programming error. Either way, I'd get the premium confirmed while you can.

I wouldn't be surprised if Celebrity is sneaking in the degradation of the Go Best package to Classic Liquor from Premium to add to Queen Lisa's bottom line. It would be consistent with the AQ water, Toiletries and other amenities which have gone the way of the Dodo bird.

Previously booked cruises would have no bearing on this. It's the bookings going forward that you really should to be watchful of.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We just came back from sailing on Equinox and I have to say that Celebrity was heavily promoting upgrades to Premium packages. I would not a bit surprised if they only will give classic pack as perk and expect people to pay for an upgrade.

What was the price per day including taxes that they quoted for upgrading? Interesting to know if it's the same pre cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by hawkers

I suspect and hope it is just a temporary website issue. Since I booked some of the new releases I will need to check my Celebrity invoice when it is updated. (It always takes a couple of weeks to get added). It now just says Best and only shows the OBC.

I am surprised that Celebrity has not changed the Big to the Standard Package. The Better price just does not make sense for longer cruises. Better could add the Classic and then Premium for the Best. Of course Celebrity would need to find a way to spin it and introduce it in advance. His time of change would not be popular, but would result in a lower price for the Big price. (Only kidding)

I was not interested in an upgrade to premium package, so I do not know.

I just checked few cruises on X website, including my March 24 sailing - no premium packages are offered as perks- just classic. Not a big surprise - somebody must pay for Ms Lisa bonuses....

I just had a go-around on this yesterday. Initially booked in Feb. 2016 for March 2017 and chose 2 perks... $300 OBC and Classic Bev. Made my final payment in October and noticed price had dropped. Celebrity offered to upgrade me to the 4 perks now including upgrade to Premium. Confirmation came thru and I didn't pay attention until I read this string of Posts. Checked it before holiday and yep, still indicated I had Classic. Called them yesterday and Rep said I had all 4 perks but it still showed Classic 'for some reason.' He said he updated info and would resend confirmation showing breakdown for all 4 perks. Got confirmation and still showed Classic. Called back again Rep said it shows correct on invoice on their end and to 'try back in few days to get another updated confirmation and see if it goes thru.' Frustrating. Next time I book with a Travel Agent. Live and learn.