Does MSC recognise other loyalty schemes

Dorset Cruiser

Hi Kim,

How do you know which loyalty card to use? Is it a case of how many nights you have done with each company? It seems I won't be entitled to the 5% discount until after I have already cruised with MSC so I expect it would be best for me to wait until I have done my next cruise on P&O UK which is 25 nights to san francisco. In that case I will have the most nights with Princess once my previous cruises are added.

I would call MSC ask the question. I have since read that NCL platinum matches to Black and I now know that Carnival Platinum matches to gold.

Kim

• 2 weeks later...
I would call MSC ask the question. I have since read that NCL platinum matches to Black and I now know that Carnival Platinum matches to gold.

Kim

Yes you are correct. NCL platinum is Black on MSC. I just got it and I am really happy to get the discount and all the perks that go with the Black status. I read about it on cruise critic. So much great info is shared here.

Wendy:D

So I did finally figure out and just took a photo of the screen, then saved it as a PDF document and uploaded it. I wasn't sure though which cruise line I should have matched against though, as I was told I can only match one.

We are gold with Carnival, but Platinum with Princess. I uploaded Princess, which they switched mine to gold on MSC. They show my points now as 4300 - not quite sure how they calculate points, and if my current paid for cruise is included in that total yet or not. Not sure but I guess those points are added after the sail date?

Thought I would report back that we received all of our promised black card perks twice (once for each 7 day sector) with the exception of the free gifts.

We had a 1400 disembarkation time and were allowed to keep our cabin until we finally disembarked the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You do need to apply for the status match though in advance of your trip and have it attached to your reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Where would you do that ? Through MSC or booking agent

Where would you do that ? Through MSC or booking agent

We scanned our Princess cruise history and the completed application forms into an email to our TA and they did the rest 😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There is a registration form and instruction at MSC website.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

Thank you we were able to use our Hilton Honers Diamond which gave us gold on the Davina lots of perks + additional fare discounts.

You do need to apply for the status match though in advance of your trip and have it attached to your reservation.

I don't believe that is correct; however, it might be policy and varied practice.

After reading this thread, we did the MSC online loyalty match with our Emerald RCCL to a Gold level. Took two days. Didn't get Black, but really doesn't matter too much as we are in the Divina Yacht Club on a B2B 3/25 and 4/1/17. This is our first MSC experience.

Contacted big box TA, she updated our profile for MSC Voyagers Club, and then contacted MSC while on the line and received the 5% credit for each upcoming cruise.

So, even though we had already made final payment on each cruise, we did get the 5%.

Just an FYI; and thanks to CC members who pointed this out. CC, and CC members, is/are the "best" source of cruise information by line, ship, excursion and/or port.

Take care all. Big game tonight!!!

I have applied for MSC to match my Disney Cruise silver status. I called MSC (uk) at the weekend for general information about the 5% credit and was told that i can only get it within 24 hours of booking. I told them this is not what has been reported by other MSC cruisers who confirm they got the 5% after booking . I am speaking to the status match team today to clarify. I want my 5% credit!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

I have applied for MSC to match my Disney Cruise silver status. I called MSC (uk) at the weekend for general information about the 5% credit and was told that i can only get it within 24 hours of booking. I told them this is not what has been reported by other MSC cruisers who confirm they got the 5% after booking . I am speaking to the status match team today to clarify. I want my 5% credit!!

If you used a TA, they'll get it done.

We booked and paid 4 and 2 months pre-cruise, and just had the TA use the freshly minted VC loyalty # and MSC credited 5% for each B2B cruise upcoming.

Very smooth.

Also, got an incredible B2B booking on Seaside with the TA for next Spring in the YC. Literally 1/2 the price of the Haven on NCL (we love that) and UBP is already included with the YC. The pricing on MSC is either under market, or the NCL Haven is over market. Then again, NCL has moved to an auction/bidding system upgrades. IMO, not the solution; treats the symptoms not the cause ~ very poor target pricing on many of the Haven staterooms.

MSC have declined to give me the 5% credit saying I can only get it within 24 hrs of booking! My TA is taking this up. This isnt fair really when I have read on this and other forums about people getting the 5% credit after booking abd even after final payment!

We received the status match and discount about 2 months after booking. I also think they added some promos that we not known to us for months. I don't recall seeing a time frame for the status match so keep trying!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have seen or heard about over 15 examples now of the 5% credit being applied after booking, but not sure which are those are in the UK or not. If anyone has had any recent success in the UK, I would be delighted to hear!

I can't find any publication anywhere about this "24-hour after booking" rule. Ah well, we will see how things turn out....

I am in Australia and plan to do mine after our cruise next month. That way I will be on a higher status when I apply. I was told last week by MSC Australia that it needs to be done prior to final payment.

I will be very interested to hear the outcome.

Guess it could well be different rules for different countries just like those in USA have much more flexible cancelling rules.