Mixed-up reciprocal status on E-docs, also missing name of passenger..ok?

bertrande

As I have posted on two other threads, my inability to check my party of 7 in for our February cruise continues to plague me. I read that I can just proceed to do a manual check in on the day itself so that's all good (kind of). Prior to this, I had been on the phone with a Captain's Club representative sorting out reciprocal status, CC numbers etc. I basically couldn't include any of our CC numbers during online check-in. We went through each person one by one and she said all good to go, they're all appropriately tagged.

However, last night, I received my e-documents and when I opened them, I found that the documents have given my MIL "Select" status on this cruise when 1) this is her first Celebrity cruise and 2) she's only ever taken 2 cruises on RCL so she won't have any reciprocal status to speak of. Also, the other adult travelling with us just made Platinum after her RCL cruise two weeks ago and should be Select but isn't.

Last, my younger daughter's name is not found on either of the documents (we are in two suites and she happens to be in the Sky Suite booking with my parents-in-law).

Should I even bother calling Celebrity on these two points (I was on hold for more than 40 mins the last time I tried to get hold of a rep and I am calling from outside USA) or can these issues be sorted out at check-in? My daughter's exclusion for the documents is obviously more worrying to me than the mixed-up loyalty status but both issues are equally annoying at this juncture such that if I can resolve them on embarkation day, I would be happy to leave it as is until then.

Anyone with a similar experience?

Thanks!

Stop asking here and call Celebrity or your TA. Obviously this needs to be fixed and they are the ones who can fix it. Assuming you have Captains Club status call their direct number, they are usually able to solve things like this fairly easily.

Sorry but isn't this the point of having a forum? It's through the boards that I found out that the inability to check in online is not the end of the world. Also, as per my post, I did call Captains Club regarding the online check in issue; it wasn't very helpful and a second call was on hold for 40 minutes. I would rather not pay IDD charges more than necessary hence the post asking for similar experiences.

Further, if an Xpress pass is all you need for check-in and boarding, I don't see how a missing name on the e-doc is necessarily something that obviously needs fixing, at least right now. If I am thick in this way, I apologise.

I will take your suggestion to contact my TA - we are twelve hours apart so many a time my query has been addressed on this board faster than I can get her. But I will drop her an email so thank you for the reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would not wait till embarkation to get your daughter's name on the e-docs. If everyone but her has a sailing pass I'd worry that it will be a big tangle of confusion at check in. Definitely get your TA on it. That's where having one pays off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would not wait till embarkation to get your daughter's name on the e-docs. If everyone but her has a sailing pass I'd worry that it will be a big tangle of confusion at check in. Definitely get your TA on it. That's where having one pays

Thanks! Have already dropped my TA an email. Let's see what she says; they will open for business in 3 hours or so.

The Captain's Club status error can be sorted out by the Captain's Club host or hostess once you are on board. That's not a big problem.

But I think that it is a problem not to have a booked passenger listed on the e-docs and that is something your TA needs to fix for you. You shouldn't have to be on the phone to Celebrity about it. As a matter of fact, the Travel Agency "owns" the reservation, so to speak, and often Celebrity won't even discuss such things with the passenger.

If you have a TA they should be doing this for you so I am glad you got them involved. Celebrity's weak point is definitely their IT/website system. Once a mistake is made, usually not the fault of the passenger, it is very difficult for them to fix it. One of my daughter's name is on my reservation but when the I printed out the docs she is listed separately but in the same cabin. I called up Celebrity and said they can't change it and not to worry since she is listed in the same cabin.

I've been experiencing issues like this since my first cruse with them in 2008. You think they'd spend the time and $$ to remedy it but for whatever reason they don't :(

I'm sure it will be get worked out either beforehand or at check in.

Enjoy your cruise.

Not easily done if you are in a different country than your TA because of time zone changes. Also wondering if you are a moderator here?

Stop asking here and call Celebrity or your TA. Obviously this needs to be fixed and they are the ones who can fix it. Assuming you have Captains Club status call their direct number, they are usually able to solve things like this fairly easily.
Edited by awhcruiser

Thanks all for your suggestions. TA came back to say Celebrity said LO is not in the e-docs proper because she's an infant but that she is on the front cover of the document. The weird thing is, they seem to have gone and fixed it anyway because when I now click on the link to the printable docs, her name appears not just on the front cover but everywhere else the other passengers' names appear (I actually do not recall her name being on the front page either)! So not sure why Celebrity would tell my TA what they did but it doesn't matter - it's all resolved and we are breathing a sigh of relief :D.

TA also said I have to call Captains Club on the reciprocal benefits mix-up but we will wait till onboard and get the hostess to sort it out. Not a biggie as long as we all manage to board.

Now that the formalities are out of the way, it's officially countdown time to embarkation day. First time on an M class ship and cannot wait! Thanks again everyone!

Glad the name issues were resolved. For the reciprocal status problems, I suggest printing out (or taking a screenshot on a device you are taking) each of the RCCL/Azamara status pages for the family members whose reciprocal status is incorrect. This will make it much easier for you and the CC host to get it adjusted on board.

Happy sailing!

One issue - on Celebrity, if you have status in a cabin and your wife is sharing that cabin, she gets to share in your status. She wouldn't if she were traveling without you. That happened to me when I hit elite one cruise before my husband and he still was shown as elite. I thought I would be able to feel superior, but no, he was elite too. And it worked out better that way.

Also, with the reciprocal stuff, we did it the other direction, cruising on RCCL in June and we were issued Crown & Anchor numbers, so perhaps you are being issued Captain's Club numbers. If I understood your concern.

One matter with X though and I'm not sure if it is an issue with RCCL - same company but it seems different computer coders - your name & address have to exactly match on the Captain's Club listing and your registration. This causes me no end of trouble because my name is H Elizabeth on one and H. Elizabeth on the other and one system doesn't allow the . and the other requires it. So we have to remember to enter my Captain's Club number after doing the online check-in. Some people have problems when one says Street for their address and the other says St.

Beth

One issue - on Celebrity, if you have status in a cabin and your wife is sharing that cabin, she gets to share in your status. She wouldn't if she were traveling without you. That happened to me when I hit elite one cruise before my husband and he still was shown as elite. I thought I would be able to feel superior, but no, he was elite too. And it worked out better that way.

Also, with the reciprocal stuff, we did it the other direction, cruising on RCCL in June and we were issued Crown & Anchor numbers, so perhaps you are being issued Captain's Club numbers. If I understood your concern.

One matter with X though and I'm not sure if it is an issue with RCCL - same company but it seems different computer coders - your name & address have to exactly match on the Captain's Club listing and your registration. This causes me no end of trouble because my name is H Elizabeth on one and H. Elizabeth on the other and one system doesn't allow the . and the other requires it. So we have to remember to enter my Captain's Club number after doing the online check-in. Some people have problems when one says Street for their address and the other says St.

Thanks Beth. We didn't need to be issued Celebrity numbers as we applied after our first Celebrity cruise a couple of years ago, before they introduced reciprocal status. Yes I was concerned about the name spelling as well (especially since being Asian we tend to have many names which don't fit neatly into the first, middle and last names categories!) but the CC rep said all was in order and linked. In any event, I'm hoping we are all sorted out and good to go. Just about 40 days to go now :)

To who ever asked, No, I am not a moderator. I am just someone who has spent so much time traveling that I learned that you need to be proactive with ID issues. In this day and age of constant checking and cross checking by security people I always make sure the IDs are correct. My suggestion was to get in direct contact with Celebrity or your TA to solve the problem. Apparently you did that by contacting your TA who then contacted Celebrity for you so it is all set. Enjoy your cruise and we hope to hear more about it when you are done.