Comments on Eclipse Michaei's Club

DelawareTom

We're sailing next month. Anyone have any comments (good or bad) on the Michael's Club and/or MC concierge on the Eclipse?

Michael's Club is a great venue for those lucky enough to call it their private club.

The Concierge at present is Sylvia Schmidt.

At times the concierge will plan entertainment for the daily tea and some evening events.

We are also on Eclipse next month (1/22), have enjoyed MC on previous cruise. I thought the concierge on the January cruise was going to be the same as we had last April on the Constellation (Meghan possibly), will see...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Michael's Club is a great venue for those lucky enough to call it their private club.

At times the concierge will plan entertainment for the daily tea and some evening events.

We disembarked on Wednesday this week. Sylvia impressed us very, very favorably. She was friendly, gracious, helpful, and very well organized. We went by most every evening after dinner and enjoyed the music. Nice place to chat with other people, too. Michael's is a big reason we continue to book in suite class.

We are also on Eclipse next month (1/22), have enjoyed MC on previous cruise. I thought the concierge on the January cruise was going to be the same as we had last April on the Constellation (Meghan possibly), will see...

Meghan is on Constellation right now.

Arno - Do you happen to know how long she will be on Constellation? We are on the repositioning cruise from Singapore in April.

Jim

Sorry I can't help you on the length of her contract. Similarly I don't know if Graeme will be back on Connie.

• 2 months later...

Does this mean that MC is now restricted for some reason? On my last Celebrity cruise on the Infinity in 2011, it was open to all.

We are currently on Eclipse, southern Caribbean. The MC concierge, Sylvia Schmidt, has been fantastic. She has been there during the hours they posted she would be (not true of the concierge on the cruise we were on about two years ago). She has been very helpful to us personally, and she's a nice person to boot. Michael's Club itself has also been livelier than two years ago, i.e. with live music in the evenings (jazz, strings, piano, etc.).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are currently on Eclipse, southern Caribbean. The MC concierge, Sylvia Schmidt, has been fantastic. She has been there during the hours they posted she would be (not true of the concierge on the cruise we were on about two years ago). She has been very helpful to us personally, and she's a nice person to boot. Michael's Club itself has also been livelier than two years ago, i.e. with live music in the evenings (jazz, strings, piano, etc.).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sylvia, lovely lady with a big element of German efficiency to boot!