Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Lois

Thinking good thoughts for you and positive energy.

Agree with JPs sage advice.

Drink that water!

Watch the noles beat Bama!

Hi Spin:) good morning.........1 and 2 are for sure.........and as for my Noles, will definitely be watching and hoping

for that outcome:D

Hello To All......

Lois...I send so many positive thoughts over to you.....us regular coolers will always have kind and encouraging words for you.

I've returned home having enjoyed the quick breakaway up on the coast very much....the beautiful hotel suite ticked every box and the concert was just fabulous.

Such a shame that we seemed to have upset one of our posters with certain political comments........l don't feel any of us have anything to be ashamed of at all and the attack was quite a shock to read.....but l commend the replies and also wish Shots a very safe journey to Texas where I'm sure her and her team will be of enormous help to all those who are experiencing such dark times......as many of us do at certain times of our lives in one way or another.

😊

Good to see you safely back Soapy ....

I think we were all very shocked and I guess a bit wounded and hurt. And you and others are right, we have nothing to be ashamed of. There is always something nasty happening personally to us and to communities we are in and care about. The Cooler should be both a place where we share the pain, but also a place to keep the spirits and optimisim glands up. However, we all understand how these things happen and we should and will all always keep the welcome mat by the door.

L, hope you are having a good day today. I know the omens are extremely good for you, because when I was typing my note to you yesterday ..... guess what was on The Beeb. Eddie Floyd at The Royal Albert Hall Singing "Knock On Wood" with Steve Cropper on guitar on Booker T Jones on an ancient Hammond. It is a message of optimisim and continuity!

:)

Hi Jeff, your kind words are very much appreciated (everyone's are).......I just did my walk......I have been trying to walk

every day since earlier in the year. When I was on the the cruise, I walked on every tour:).....I did bring extra clothes

for walking on the ship but did not do that ......I considered the walking tours enough.......my walk here at home is

around the community I live in and from my condo, all the way around and back is about 30 minutes. I know that

is supposed to be good for me too.

I feel better today, thanks........still surprised about what I was told but I don't feel as mad/upset.......it is college football

season here now and I LOVE THAT.....so watching games today is definitely fun for me:D and I am drinking plenty

of water.

I went out for lunch and had a really good Taco Salad at a new Mexican Restaurant that opened.......it was so big

I brought some of it home.:)....has grilled steak in it...yummy!

Thank you Jeff....yes it was very hurtful and whilst we encourage freedom of speech and thoughts here on the cooler we must also consider what trauma some of us have had to deal with in our lives which made the post all the more shocking.

Anyway....one must move on and tomorrow is another day....

Knock on Wood is one of my very favourite songs....Booker T....was that Green Onions with the M'G's......?

Old friend and l were nattering away today about the old songs that we could sing along to as well as dance to.....just now on the new X Factor show a contestant is singing 'Run Around Sue ' and I'm a rockin!

😉

Thinking of you, Lois and wishing you well. Hopefully your doctors will get things sorted out and get you on a healthy regimen. You seem like a very positive ad outgoing person; that should help you tremendously going forward.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers.....

Penny

It was indeed the Booker t. It is really weird that whilst I may not remember much about yesterday ... I know the words of almost all the main Stax, Atlantic and Tamla records ...... I guess I heard them so many times every night they are all burnt into the brain. The concert on the whole was good. Tom Jones looked a bit out of place as was Jools Holland, Ruby Turner and a couple of incomprehensible rap singers. Sam Moore of Sam and Deve duetted well with Beverly knight William Bell looked dapper and smooth. But sadly many of the original stax artists are long gone but their music lives on.

Steve cropper has been on a few programmes lately talking about the creative process at Stax which I loved learning about. It is weird now to find out that a white man wrote so many Stax hits .... almost as suprising as when I first realised that a young Jewish girl like Carole king wrote so many iconic hits.

I use to be on Stax, Atlantic mailing lists as they were distributed by Polydor and Motown as they were distributed by EMI and every Friday a great big box would arrive with all the latest releases. Life doesn't get much better than free records when you are 16. ;)

I don't know what you two are talking about...but try Despacito. Now, there's a great rhythm and erotic lyrics, which are really not needed. If I find the piano/cello version (which Roberto enjoys), I'll link it...but I prefer the Fonsi/Daddy Yankee version to dance to.

Greetings Coolers!

Ah music talk! Wonderful! I grew up with Motown and it still sings to me!

Spins...another dancing queen! :)

J..you have never been a good girl! :)

Cam...yes please provide the link if you can find it!

Miss S. so glad you enjoyed your concert and hotel stay!

Enjoy the life you have all! Nothing is forever!

Beach Town I moved to as 14 year old and then grew up in had dances for teenagers called fandango.

It was such fun and insanely sweaty.

I learned to dance in a liberated way.

Very liberated.

As opposed to formal cotillion dances with white gloves, a place I came from.

One was very appropriately social register. The other was so alive and fun.

Hence shake a tail feather.

Didn't have time to read much of this but Chris knows this story well. Her parents were born in Ukraine in the 30s-40s. That history is still fresh in the minds of the Ukrainian diaspora.

Didn't have time to read much of this but Chris knows this story well. Her parents were born in Ukraine in the 30s-40s. That history is still fresh in the minds of the Ukrainian diaspora.

It's extraordinarily difficult reading, but unless we learn from history then we repeat mistakes.

On a lighter note, I am enormusly tetchy about the number of really interesting people I don't get to know before you read about them ....

This is a lovely orbiruary to David Tang, by all accounts a man you'd never forget ...;

My friend the Croesus of Hong Kong

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/my-friend-entrepreneur-david-tang-the-croesus-of-hong-kong-c78m3qwh6?shareToken=48a0d3dd2303308b11317347db5a0812

Greetings Coolers!

Interesting articles to read this morning. They span the gamut from horror to comedy. I had great difficulty with the horror and enjoyed the comedy.

The U.S., Mexico and Canada are also dancing with "divorce". Hopefully the partners can come to a reasonable agreement on how to continue the trade relationship.

On the issue of packaging, we are charged 5 cents a bag at stores if we want something to contain our purchases. Yes, it would be better to invest in re-usable carriers. And no, we have not done so. Not out of environment rudeness or ignorance. More the inconvenience of toting around the bags in case they might be useful.

I could not finish reading the horror story. Not because I do not want to learn. More because I have not the stomach for the atrocities.

Have a great day all!

Hi M,

We have a weird situation with plastic bags. We have deliveries from a company called Ocado. On delivery they charge you 5p per bag. Normally there is somewhere between 6 to 10. You give them back your last lot of bags and they credit you with 5p per bag. But so anxious are they to reduce complaints and protect customer satisfaction that they always seem to double or treble or quadruple the number. So I always get a credit a £1 or two. We have around 100 deliveries per year so I guess we make a hunded quid a year on bags without ever asking ....

I love all this green business. :D

Good morning Coolers...........I am looking at cruises on 2 other lines........one is on Seabourn and the other on Windstar.........any thoughts about them would be appreciated:)

What an interesting way to make money J! :) Coming out ahead with environmental protections is a rarity! I'm not sure who is making the money on the sale of plastic bags here. They are not very forthcoming on who is actually benefiting from the charges. We also pay an "environmental fee" on the purchase of electronic goods here. Again, not sure where that money goes. :(

Mysty: What about a trade partnership of Canada, Mexico and California? I know Pena Nieto has already spoken to both countries about forming some kind of alliance, and Jerry Brown has made it very clear that California can go it alone!

Penny