New HAL Cordial Glass Designs

POA1

Does anyone happen to know what all the new Holland America cordial glass designs are? I know that they're all frosted glass and have metal medallions, but I was wondering what the designs were. Ours are anchors, but we were told that there were 5 or 6 different medallion designs.

42eea7ebcef7b35202bef25e5987e779.jpg

POA1,

Ithacagal has a photo of the 5 of the 6. She is unavailable to post right now but says she will try to email you a photo of them when she can.

We cruised with her last month and she was able to collect all but one. Our wine steward said the last one will be available after January.

Does anyone happen to know what all the new Holland America cordial glass designs are? I know that they're all frosted glass and have metal medallions, but I was wondering what the designs were. Ours are anchors, but we were told that there were 5 or 6 different medallion designs.

42eea7ebcef7b35202bef25e5987e779.jpg

We bought all 6 glasses on the Koningsdam before Christmas. We were able to get a box that they came in. Here are pictures of the box with the info for each glass.

c6d44cb67419c3d35f08d8953e1e0772.jpg

76ee4e8e6e858d302875304024071670.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are these things and how do you get them?

bd3e2a870634f465a888cc7f2f6b2f6d.jpg

We collected 2 when having an after dinner drink of Bailey's when on the Westerdam Mexico cruise. We didn't get any more because I don't like the feel of the frosted glasses, sigh. They were offering different ones every night when you ordered a liqueur-free when you bought the drink.

I do like them but wish we had the option of frosted or unfrosted and I would have had to drink more & get the set!

Nice that you had the option to buy the set in a box.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We asked our Wine Steward (Lutchie) and she said we could buy all six of the new glasses without purchasing them one at a time with liqueur in them. They were $2.95 each plus the 15% gratuity. So she rounded up all six glasses and the deal was done.

At the time, she did not have any boxes that the set came in. She eventually found us the cardboard box (see photos above) that described each glass. :)

We asked our Wine Steward (Lutchie) and she said we could buy all six of the new glasses without purchasing them one at a time with liqueur in them. They were $2.95 each plus the 15% gratuity. So she rounded up all six glasses and the deal was done.

At the time, she did not have any boxes that the set came in. She eventually found us the cardboard box (see photos above) that described each glass. :)

It's funny you say that as I also did not want my "glasses" dirty so I actually asked if we could have our drink in a separate glass and keep these souvenir ones clean-no problem at all.

Thanks for the photos with the info describing them.

Thanks for the responses! It's nice to know what we're working towards. Being as we're a goal oriented people, it's nice to know what the whole set looks like.

If the glasses didn't cause me to feel like the fingernails on a chalk board I would have drank my way through to collect them all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The descriptions for wheel, ship, anchor, porthole, compass, reef knot etc are the possibly the worst descriptions I have ever seen. I think a second grader could have done a better job. Complete waffle. Very poor.

Noted. Henceforth we'll call them "turny thing, looky thing, ropey thing, and shot o' directions." ;)

I like them. Something different from the 50 other reg ones we have

They're quite a bit bigger than the old ones. If you find yourself in a shot contest, definitely use the old glasses and give your opponent the new ones. You'll probably have a 40%-50% advantage. :D