Nutrition info for buffalo wings at O'Sheehan's?

Jezo

Huh....maybe it's just discontinued on the Epic??? :confused:

I'm hoping that holds true for our trip in November on BA. I don't plan on booking a specialty restaurant on night 1 :)

Same here....have lost about 20lbs in the last 6 weeks...so...yeah...it works ;) Your body REQUIRES fat to survive....carbs...nope...doesn't require that at all to survive :) For those that are at all interested...a high fat diet keeps you feeling full longer on less food...thus you end up actually eating less calories than on a low fat, high carb diet. Not only that...but if you eat less calories than your body is burning, then your body starts burning your fat stores to make up the difference...see how that works ;) The fat free diet is an unhealthy myth...take a look at the obesity rates since the low fat diet became the mantra of the mainstream medical establishment.

*stepping down from the Keto Pulpit* lol

True, I have seen people lose weight this way and not have any ill effects. However, and this is a big however, IF you have any tendency to develop blood sugar problems this diet will tip the scales in that direction, pardon the pun. I ended up a reactive hypoglycemic because of it.

On the other end of the spectrum a totally fat free diet can actually cause you to gain weight as you become insulin resistant, which again, I was lucky enough to develop.

Regardless I am definitely not cruising to stay on any diet. I adored the jerk wings and DH and I shared an order every day!

True, I have seen people lose weight this way and not have any ill effects. However, and this is a big however, IF you have any tendency to develop blood sugar problems this diet will tip the scales in that direction, pardon the pun. I ended up a reactive hypoglycemic because of it.

On the other end of the spectrum a totally fat free diet can actually cause you to gain weight as you become insulin resistant, which again, I was lucky enough to develop.

Regardless I am definitely not cruising to stay on any diet. I adored the jerk wings and DH and I shared an order every day!

Interesting...one of the reasons I *went* on this diet was because I had been diagnosed as Type 2 and knew that if I lost the weight it would make a big difference in controlling things. My numbers have been very good as I have been losing the weight.

Many with diabetes go to this way of eating because it stabilizes blood sugar (my mom and grandfather being in that group) and have been able to get off thier meds. There is always an exception but without knowing a detailed history there is no way to know what will trigger it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Many with diabetes go to this way of eating because it stabilizes blood sugar (my mom and grandfather being in that group) and have been able to get off thier meds. There is always an exception but without knowing a detailed history there is no way to know what will trigger it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

It pushed me into HYPOglycemia, so I am on the other side of the spectrum. My blood sugar has gone as low as 30...hit the floor that time...

I love the buffalo wings!!!! Can't believe people say that they're dreadful.

I had them 5 days of my last 7 day cruise ha ha...

can't say I love them, but certainly do not think they as bad as some people say they are: They are fair, I usually get them once while on the cruise.

BTW, to those who are worried about carbs, they do have some breading but I do think the ingredients are ever listed.

Back a little over a week now from our trip on the Dawn, the wings were breaded at O'Sheehans, BUT they do offer them "gluten free" with no breading, provided you give them ample time to make them. The first day we went we didn't tell the waitress that's what we wanted, the second day after speaking with someone about my GF dietary needs they brought out completely naked wings with the buffalo sauce on the side. I liked them like that.

So, OP here, just wanted to check in and say wow, I never expected this thread to end up being the largest and longest lived thing I have ever posted here on CC.

All I wanted to do was avoid some carbs and here we are three months later still debating it. To report on what I ended up doing, I never did get any wings on the trip. I did. however, fall totally off the wagon and ate whatever I felt like eating. I do not have the willpower to resist temptations at all for 14 days in a row, and quite frankly, enjoyed every moment of stupid cheesecake brownie that I had!

I'm with you. I went to O'Sheehan's on my recent cruise just to see if they were better than a previous cruise and they weren't, they were awful. Not sure why folks rave about them.

Because half the food they have there is very good. Your tastebuds are whack. Great burgers and hot apple pie a' la mode :D:D:D:D:D

Don't explicitly remember them on the Epic, but on several Star cruises, including a Transatlantic, we loved the Wings that were labeled Spicy Thai Chili or such. They were absolutely wonderful. Not breaded, but maybe dusted with cornstarch or something similar.

gary

Back a little over a week now from our trip on the Dawn, the wings were breaded at O'Sheehans, BUT they do offer them "gluten free" with no breading, provided you give them ample time to make them. The first day we went we didn't tell the waitress that's what we wanted, the second day after speaking with someone about my GF dietary needs they brought out completely naked wings with the buffalo sauce on the side. I liked them like that.

Good to know about this. I'm GF/DF due to IBS and was wondering about eating at Blue Lagoon/later O'Sheehans on Jade in November.

(y)

It pushed me into HYPOglycemia, so I am on the other side of the spectrum. My blood sugar has gone as low as 30...hit the floor that time...

Yikes!

For *me* this diet has been pretty amazing. In early Jan I had blood work done and had a fasting glucose level of 360! Was diagnosed at Type 2 and put on Metformin and told to lose some weight. Completely changed my diet around...embraced the Keto diet and in 8 weeks I have dropped about 25lbs. I know you should not self medicate but mainly by sheer laziness I have not taken the metformin for about a week. My fasting glucose level this morning......97!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yikes!

For *me* this diet has been pretty amazing. In early Jan I had blood work done and had a fasting glucose level of 360! Was diagnosed at Type 2 and put on Metformin and told to lose some weight. Completely changed my diet around...embraced the Keto diet and in 8 weeks I have dropped about 25lbs. I know you should not self medicate but mainly by sheer laziness I have not taken the metformin for about a week. My fasting glucose level this morning......97!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations!