Nutrition info for buffalo wings at O'Sheehan's?

Jezo

We have had the wings from O'Sheehan's on numerous occasions. We bring them back to the room some nights to eat on the balcony. Really delicious. The "wings" have never been breaded, but the "tenders" were.

They no longer allow you to take food back to the room. This was at least my experience on the Gem this past 12/04.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe it or not, no. I try to stay away from chain restaurants, and the closest Hooters is about 5 miles away anyway. There are dozens of closer places to get wings.

5 miles does not seem like a far distance to go. If you like wings then I would suggest you try hooters eventually. I know I know. It's a chain. Blah blah. But trust me they have good wings. And for the people saying they aren't breaded... yes they are breaded unless you order them naked. And breaded wings in my opinion taste so much better and can hold the sauce better.

5 miles does not seem like a far distance to go. If you like wings then I would suggest you try hooters eventually. I know I know. It's a chain. Blah blah. But trust me they have good wings. And for the people saying they aren't breaded... yes they are breaded unless you order them naked. And breaded wings in my opinion taste so much better and can hold the sauce better.

Breaded wings are an absolute corruption of what real buffalo wings are.

Breaded wings are an absolute corruption of what real buffalo wings are.

I eat them both ways but I guess I like absolute corruption because I 100% prefer them breaded. Have you even tried them or just saying that because you feel that they shouldn't be breaded?

I love the buffalo wings!!!! Can't believe people say that they're dreadful.

I had them 5 days of my last 7 day cruise ha ha...

We got off the Epic last week and couldn't get enough of the wings! They were our late night snack after a show! We thought they were some of the best we had had recently. Fish and chips was amazing but unfortunately not low carb. Our wings were not breaded either. Maybe different ships have different wings???

I did it several times on my most recent cruise on the Gem out of NOLA in November.

Like I said this was just this month and anytime they saw anyone trying to take it out of the restaurant they quickly stopped them and told them that they had to eat it there. Now...that's not saying that I didn't sneakily take some out twice but it seems as if it is their new policy.

I eat them both ways but I guess I like absolute corruption because I 100% prefer them breaded. Have you even tried them or just saying that because you feel that they shouldn't be breaded?

I've had both ways. I like the crispness of deep fried chicken skin. Breading tends to get soggy if they sit for a few minutes. Other things I like breaded though, for sure. Just not wings.

I've had both ways. I like the crispness of deep fried chicken skin. Breading tends to get soggy if they sit for a few minutes. Other things I like breaded though, for sure. Just not wings.

Yea see I like my wings moist, tender and by no means crispy. And I like the skin soft and juicy. To each their own.

They no longer allow you to take food back to the room. This was at least my experience on the Gem this past 12/04.

That policy didn't last long, maybe a month or so before they went back to allow it.

That policy didn't last long, maybe a month or so before they went back to allow it.

Dude. I was just on the Gem 12/04-12/11. So I don't know what you mean by a month or so cause that was just a little more than 2 weeks ago.

Dude. I was just on the Gem 12/04-12/11. So I don't know what you mean by a month or so cause that was just a little more than 2 weeks ago.

The no food to take back to your room policy was in effect in May of 2015. It was quickly reversed. I don't know what was going on during your cruise that they didn't allow it. Maybe a noro virus outbreak?

We have had many friends on cruises in the past few weeks and had no problem taking food back. We are on Breakaway on Monday so I can get the official policy then.

BTW, I'm not a dude. :D LOL

The no food to take back to your room policy was in effect in May of 2015. It was quickly reversed. I don't know what was going on during your cruise that they didn't allow it. Maybe a noro virus outbreak?

We have had many friends on cruises in the past few weeks and had no problem taking food back. We are on Breakaway on Monday so I can get the official policy then.

BTW, I'm not a dude. :D LOL

Sorry about the dude lol. I know the policy from back in 2015 but this was not a remnant of this. I got the feeling that it was just a gem/ osheehans thing because no one was stopping you from taking food out of the buffet.

Sorry about the dude lol. I know the policy from back in 2015 but this was not a remnant of this. I got the feeling that it was just a gem/ osheehans thing because no one was stopping you from taking food out of the buffet.

That will really stink if I can't do take out from O'Sheehan's. Almost every night I would stop there and get wings or the daily special to go for me and the DH. They would give me a tray and put covers on the plates with silverware. Fingers crossed!

If they don't let me, I'll have to call the Butler to get it, but I prefer to do it myself.

Like I said this was just this month and anytime they saw anyone trying to take it out of the restaurant they quickly stopped them and told them that they had to eat it there. Now...that's not saying that I didn't sneakily take some out twice but it seems as if it is their new policy.

There were a bunch of threads right before my November cruise from people denied take out at O'Sheehan's if they tried to order at the podium. Lots of comments about which side entrance to sneak food out of as well.

There were a bunch of threads right before my November cruise from people denied take out at O'Sheehan's if they tried to order at the podium. Lots of comments about which side entrance to sneak food out of as well.

From what I read here, you can take food out of the buffet, but you can't get an order to go from O'Sheehans.

From what I read here, you can take food out of the buffet, but you can't get an order to go from O'Sheehans.
Don't know about O'Sheehans, but on my December Dawn cruise, there were no issues taking food out from the buffet.

I can certainly understand not allowing someone to make a togo order from the hostess station, because it adds to the number of guests at the restaurant and slows down the kitchen for those actually sitting at tables and the service in O'Sheehans is slow enough. I could see if someone is at a table being able to take some of their food out.

Was on Breakaway 11/27-12/11 and witnessed people getting takeout from O'Sheehans. I will be back on BA next Monday, and maybe I'll see if I can take out some wings. Ones I had a couple weeks ago did not seem breaded. Thank god they got rid of those chicken tenders. Had them on Gem once and the breading was so heavy and dry. Yuk!

Was on Breakaway 11/27-12/11 and witnessed people getting takeout from O'Sheehans. I will be back on BA next Monday, and maybe I'll see if I can take out some wings. Ones I had a couple weeks ago did not seem breaded. Thank god they got rid of those chicken tenders. Had them on Gem once and the breading was so heavy and dry. Yuk!

I guess I'll be seeing you at O'Sheehan's! I'm boarding Breakaway on Monday too.

I'm with you. I went to O'Sheehan's on my recent cruise just to see if they were better than a previous cruise and they weren't, they were awful. Not sure why folks rave about them.

It must totally depend on the ship or cook because I have never liked them until our last cruise on the Gem and they were so good I had them 4 times. They were crisp underneath the sauce and didn't seem to be breaded but I can't be sure. The Jerk ones were fantastic, even though they tasted more like a Barbecue sauce to me....

Edited by Medtech2

Ran into the same issue the week after on Gem. Went one night late and told no.

You can order them extra crispy with the sauce on the side. This is how I think they're the best. The husband and I tested these out in the fall and really enjoyed them this way. Normally, we found them to be too mushy for our liking.