Fan in Waiting

Aidenspoppy

My guess is Front Desk when you board or call Carnival before hand. We always bring our own fan in our check luggage or carry on. Only once were we told to take it back to the car. It wasn't Carnival but Costumes. We use a portable travel fan.

Although, never have requested it from the front desk. I'm guessing if we ever had to do this, you need to do it early as possible even before going to your room. As there probably we be other people wanting one and they probably have limit numbers of them.

Edited by Kudos2Fly

You have to email the special needs department and ask for one for medical reasons. It is usually not in the room and you have to beg for it once on the ship. It is much easier to just take your own. I carry one on on my carry on bag. Never had a problem doing so on Carnival. Norwegian took mine but I threw a fit and was given one of theirs. Mine was brand new still in the box.

I asked for a fan on our Girls Cruise November 2015, no problem. But, this October's Girl Cruise II , I brought my own brand new in the box. It fit in my luggage, just the perfect size. I go to sleep at home with a fan ....cooling air and white noise. :)

We sailed the Freedom in January, and had no problem getting a fan. We went straight to guest services when we boarded, and our room steward delivered it later that day. On the Splendor, however, it was a bit more difficult. We were asked if we had a medical issue. We were still able to get one, but the lady was rude and apprehensive about it. Now, we just bring our own.

You have to email the special needs department and ask for one for medical reasons. It is usually not in the room and you have to beg for it once on the ship. It is much easier to just take your own. I carry one on on my carry on bag. Never had a problem doing so on Carnival. Norwegian took mine but I threw a fit and was given one of theirs. Mine was brand new still in the box.

We sailed the Freedom in January, and had no problem getting a fan. We went straight to guest services when we boarded, and our room steward delivered it later that day. On the Splendor, however, it was a bit more difficult. We were asked if we had a medical issue. We were still able to get one, but the lady was rude and apprehensive about it. Now, we just bring our own.

Pardon the pun... you'll have lots of fans here.

They have a limited number of fans on the ship. You may or may not get one if you ask. Sometimes it seems to depend on the mood of the person at Guest Services onboard. I've been turned down a few times when I asked for a fan, so I always pack my own fan now in my suitcase. Especially since Carnival's cabins are warmer than they used to be due to cost-cutting measures, a fan is essential to sleep comfortably IMO. The first time Carnival takes my fan away will be my last Carnival cruise.

They have a limited number of fans on the ship. You may or may not get one if you ask. Sometimes it seems to depend on the mood of the person at Guest Services onboard. I've been turned down a few times when I asked for a fan, so I always pack my own fan now in my suitcase. Especially since Carnival's cabins are warmer than they used to be due to cost-cutting measures, a fan is essential to sleep comfortably IMO. The first time Carnival takes my fan away will be my last Carnival cruise.

Brought a powerful 4 inch desk fan on our last cruise. Never used it, the Inspiration was freezing.

I have had to argue with them a few times and I do have medical issues. I started bringing my own.

What exactly is a medical reason for a fan? I must have mine to go to sleep so looking at all angles to guarantee one in my room.

Many folks with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) find that a fan helps with smothering sensation they sometimes experience. When I worked in a hospital, doctors frequently ordered them for those patients.

Edited by keywest1