Global Entry Port Everglades Terminal 21?

5280mom

We disembarked the Regal 4/2016 and the Royal just last week in Port Everglades. Used Global Entry cards both times and it could not have been quicker. We had only one other family in front of us last week.

This was following a walk off at about 9 AM

We disembarked the Regal 4/2016 and the Royal just last week in Port Everglades. Used Global Entry cards both times and it could not have been quicker. We had only one other family in front of us last week.

This was following a walk off at about 9 AM

Normally, the Regal or Royal dock at T-2. There is definitely Global there!

Last time we returned to the US in October at PEV there were no Global Entry consoles. We needed to have our passports, Global Entry cards as well as a completed customs form in hand. This is not the case when consoles are available where only passports are needed.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Last time we returned to the US in October at PEV there were no Global Entry consoles. We needed to have our passports, Global Entry cards as well as a completed customs form in hand. This is not the case when consoles are available where only passports are needed.

As of Nov. they did not have consoles- but if you had your card, they would wave you over to a very, very short line. There was one lonely guy (short of like the Maytag handyman) checking the GE holder's passports.

As of Nov. they did not have consoles- but if you had your card, they would wave you over to a very, very short line. There was one lonely guy (short of like the Maytag handyman) checking the GE holder's passports.

Yes, that was our experience also...

We have Global Entry when we disembarked in November this past year. We disembarked the same weekend that they turned on MOBILE PASSPORT. They wouldn't even move us into another line with GE, and everyone told us to load the MOBILE PASSPORT App on our phone or Ipad instead. The apps are available on both Android and Apple products and you scan your passports and complete your declaration form and upload it. Port Everglades is the first to use this program although it is accepted at area airports. We now have it loaded on our phones. The best part.... it's free!

http://www.mobilepassport.us/

Patty

On 12-28 we tried to use the app. They put GE and app people together but then didn't staff that line. So Princess had people working the line and they moved us to the regular line and gave us paper forms to use

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have GE and the Mobile Passport app on my iPhone. Haven't disembarked at a U.S. port with either capability but have used GE coming into Dulles and LAX. I believe Mobile Passport users still need to go through Immigration with a dedicated line while using GE I skipped that step. At Dulles one person looked at the printed form from the kiosk and was directed to walk through Customs without needing to stop. In LAX I had to stop at Customs and GE was in the same line as the crew from our flight and it took longer to get through Customs than those without GE. Without kiosks at a port, I would assume GE and Mobile Passport would be just as effective.

The other major advantage of GE is that it includes TSA Pre✔️ which can save a lot of time getting through security at airports. On our recent flight to Europe with TSA Pre✔️ we got on the shuttle at the LAX Marriott, were transferred to the airport, checked our bags, went through security and were sitting in the United Club in less than 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We disembarked at this terminal earlier in December and the lines were quite long. If you had a Global Entry card they moved you to the front of the line. We always use the kiosks in the airports and have never had to use our card so we didn't have it with us. Our son had his card and went through the line and when he got outside he called us to say they never even looked at the cards. So we walked up to the front where they let the GE people through and we went right through without the cards. Bottom line-- they let you go to the front of the line with GE but they didn't ask for the card. I would take it to be on the safe side however.

We tried to use the mobile passport app on 12/18 at Pier 21 and because there were so many other ships that day, they were not using it.

When we disembarked in November, the IOS version of the passport

app included "Port Everglades", while the Android version did not.

I just checked the play store, and the Android version was

updated on 19-December.

"WHAT'S NEW

Hoist Anchor! Passengers at Port Everglades, Florida are first to use Mobile Passport for cruise ships!"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.mobilepassport

We have Global Entry when we disembarked in November this past year. We disembarked the same weekend that they turned on MOBILE PASSPORT. They wouldn't even move us into another line with GE, and everyone told us to load the MOBILE PASSPORT App on our phone or Ipad instead. The apps are available on both Android and Apple products and you scan your passports and complete your declaration form and upload it. Port Everglades is the first to use this program although it is accepted at area airports. We now have it loaded on our phones. The best part.... it's free!

http://www.mobilepassport.us/

Patty

That's pretty bad, since they only have it for 2 out of the three smartphone OSs. Shame on them!

Card? No card. I'm getting GE and there's no card. Just a special number that is attached to your passport. You must be thinking something else. Maybe TT?

We disembarked at this terminal earlier in December and the lines were quite long. If you had a Global Entry card they moved you to the front of the line. We always use the kiosks in the airports and have never had to use our card so we didn't have it with us. Our son had his card and went through the line and when he got outside he called us to say they never even looked at the cards. So we walked up to the front where they let the GE people through and we went right through without the cards. Bottom line-- they let you go to the front of the line with GE but they didn't ask for the card. I would take it to be on the safe side however.

Our experience (3 times NOV/DEC) at terminal 2 in FLL is that you need the plastic GE card to show to the Princess agents guarding the line. Customs officer won't look at it but Princess agents do.

You do get a Global Entry card that looks similar to the passport card. It arrived less than two weeks after the interview.

My interview is this week. We'll see if that is still the case (as opposed to what HLS has told me).

By the way: contrary what what it says on the back, the passport card is NOT good for entry to Canada, as I found out this Fall.

Our experience (3 times NOV/DEC) at terminal 2 in FLL is that you need the plastic GE card to show to the Princess agents guarding the line. Customs officer won't look at it but Princess agents do.

In October, Princess personnel didn't ask to see them, but told us to have our cards ready. Immigration agents did ask to see them.

My interview is this week. We'll see if that is still the case (as opposed to what HLS has told me).
You'll be getting a card in the mail. Be sure to post your experience.