Upsell Call - Is this a good deal?

Alaskabride

I finally go my first call ever from the Upsell Fairy. I'm traveling on the Sunshine on Jan 8th. I was originally booked in an Inside 4J cabin with a front of ship walkway view. I upgraded to an Ocean Suite with a balcony. Upgrade cost a total of $400 for a 5 day cruise. I had originally booked Early Saver & got 3 different price reductions, so I think my total paid for this cruise was $1250 for two with the upgrade. Is this a good deal? I feel like it is, but just want some other opinions. I will be happy either way.

In my 1 cruise experience this sounds great. I made a big mistake by starting with a balcony with family. Now they don't want anything less than that. Having paid much more than what you say - I personally think this is great and snap it asap. Sure some one will say depends on location etc but other than that there is nothing that negative Nancy can offer on such an amazing offer [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I finally go my first call ever from the Upsell Fairy. I'm traveling on the Sunshine on Jan 8th. I was originally booked in an Inside 4J cabin with a front of ship walkway view. I upgraded to an Ocean Suite with a balcony. Upgrade cost a total of $400 for a 5 day cruise. I had originally booked Early Saver & got 3 different price reductions, so I think my total paid for this cruise was $1250 for two with the upgrade. Is this a good deal? I feel like it is, but just want some other opinions. I will be happy either way.

Sorry, but there has to be more to the story. Recently called my PVP about claims like this, so let check this out..... a person who has cruised only 4 Times on Carnival, get a upgrade from a 4J to a Ocean Suite for only $400.00.I have talked to Diamond Members who have never got a upsell call.

"After the Official Review The Ruling on the Field stands as BS":mad:

Michael

Sorry, but there has to be more to the story. Recently called my PVP about claims like this, so let check this out..... a person who has cruised only 4 Times on Carnival, get a upgrade from a 4J to a Ocean Suite for only $400.00.I have talked to Diamond Members who have never got a upsell call.

"After the Official Review The Ruling on the Field stands as BS":mad:

Michael

It is much more likely for a newbie to get an upsell call vs a D or P. Frequent cruisers know the cabin differences. Placing a newbie in a more expensive cabin will yield more results in their future bookings. Also status has no bearing on upsell calls.

It is much more likely for a newbie to get an upsell call vs a D or P. Frequent cruisers know the cabin differences. Placing a newbie in a more expensive cabin will yield more results in their future bookings. Also status has no bearing on upsell calls.

I'd noticed that last part just based on posts on CruiseCritic about upsell calls. Never seemed like Ds or Ps got significantly more upsell calls than anyone else.

For a 4J cabin, I can definitely see where Carnival might offer an upsell, especially if it was one of the HA cabins.

OP, sounds like you got an unusually good upsell offer. Enjoy it!

My own upsell theory is that if you have a cabin that they can sell at a higher price, the more likely they are to offer you an upsell. Doesnt matter what your cruising level is. We've had several upsells. One time we had connecting balcony cabins booked on Miracle for an 8-day cruise and the upsell offer was two adjoining (not connecting) ocean suites for an additional $500 total for four people. Definitely worth it. We figured someone really wanted that connecting door - maybe someone with younger kids. The 4J cabins probably are in demand. They're not for me, personally, but I'm a balcony snob.:D

My first cruise ever I received an upgraded cabin at check in. I was moved from an interior room to a OV on the spa deck. This is when the conquest had these amazing bay window looking OV's. It was an amazing room and we enjoyed it!! So yes, the OP could have received this amazing deal. I hope you enjoy your room!

For my second cruise on the Triumph, we were upgraded from 2 connecting (or adjacent) balconies to 2 adjacent Ocean Suites. IIRC, I found out shortly before the sail date. Guess what we're booked in for our cruise next year?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Booked a cruise with my sister and she ended up getting a much better rate than booking under my VIFP info. Carnival kept calling her offering her paid upgrades to a balcony including the morning of sailing. This was a short 4 day from Jax so we declined. After we got through security she had a message on her phone offering a free balcony upgrade which we happily took! I was shocked! I have sailed Carnival 22 times and have NEVER been offered a free upgrade or an upsell even. She tells me she gets calls all the time offering her deals - I guess because she is such an infrequent cruiser.

It was a good enough deal for you to take it... don't second guess yourself. You went from an inside to a suite. I'd say, without even knowing what was spent, it's a good deal.