Cruise shuttle into Bridgetown Barbados

jasperado

Where does the ship's shuttle drop off in Bridgetown? I have looked in the port of call section of CC but as my question is P and O specific I thought I would try here.

I am trying to DIY to Rockley Beach but the bus terminals seem to be a fair step from the port and most of the buses from Princess Alice terminal seem to go north, so I think I would need to get to Fairchild Street terminal?

Any help gratefully appreciated :)

Where does the ship's shuttle drop off in Bridgetown? I have looked in the port of call section of CC but as my question is P and O specific I thought I would try here.

I am trying to DIY to Rockley Beach but the bus terminals seem to be a fair step from the port and most of the buses from Princess Alice terminal seem to go north, so I think I would need to get to Fairchild Street terminal?

Any help gratefully appreciated :)

P & O don't have a shuttle into Bridgetown. If you take a taxi from the cruise terminal I would think it would be about $10us each way to Fairchild street. On the other hand I would guess a round trip taxi for Rockley beach would be $40-50us.

It's also walkable, 10 mins to town centre

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ah, if it's only a 10 minute walk that's not a problem at all. Thank you for the information.

It seems like a fair old step on google maps and they say 25 mins walk to Fairchild Street Bus Terminal. But there is a ZR van depot by the Princess Alice Bus Depot which is nearer to the cruise terminal.

Has anyone used the ZR white vans?

Walk is nearer 25 mins than 10.

Having walked to both bus depots on different occasions I would agree with this. It's about 10 minutes from leaving the ship to the Princess Alice bus station and a much longer walk to the station in the middle of town.

It's also walkable, 10 mins to town centre

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suppose it depends on the length of your legs, general fitness and pace you walk at.

In the heat I slow down considerably :)

The 25 minute estimate is nearer the mark for me.

jasporado

i walked to the Princess Alice bus station from the port and I'd say 10-15 minutes. We asked a local for advice and found the bus to Speightstown. There wasn't a great deal there but we found a quirky little bar.

We passed Sandy Lane etc on the way and if we went back we'd probably get off at Holetown as it was more touristyand explore more there and the designer outlet. Think you could also have lunch at some of the celeb hang-outs around Sandy Lane.

Our bus driver drove very fast along narrow roads so it was exciting but hairy!!

jasporado

i walked to the Princess Alice bus station from the port and I'd say 10-15 minutes. We asked a local for advice and found the bus to Speightstown. There wasn't a great deal there but we found a quirky little bar.

We passed Sandy Lane etc on the way and if we went back we'd probably get off at Holetown as it was more touristyand explore more there and the designer outlet. Think you could also have lunch at some of the celeb hang-outs around Sandy Lane.

Our bus driver drove very fast along narrow roads so it was exciting but hairy!!

Hello

We will be in Barbados early Friday and overnight to late Saturday afternoon when we will fly home. We intend to go a bit further to Rockley on the Friday as there is no time deadline to stick to and then will go up the west coast on Saturday to maybe Batt's Rock as we will be wary of the time. Buses seem to be more frequent on the west coast so I wont panic too much (hopefully!) ;)

Hello

We will be in Barbados early Friday and overnight to late Saturday afternoon when we will fly home. We intend to go a bit further to Rockley on the Friday as there is no time deadline to stick to and then will go up the west coast on Saturday to maybe Batt's Rock as we will be wary of the time. Buses seem to be more frequent on the west coast so I wont panic too much (hopefully!) ;)

Sorry - didn't read your post properly. Yes you have to go into town to get the bus to Rockley. It would take about 20-25 minutes and it's to the left of the arch at the other side of the bridge in the centre. We took a taxi to Rockley and had a lovely dinner at Tapas Barbados in the evening on our overnight stop. It's got a great view of the sea / sunset and serves more than just tapas