Slippers

hvsteve1

I'm about to write a review of my recent cruise on Reflection. There has been talk on this (and other cruise line) board about a lessening of the experience. I was in S2 and got the usual robe and slippers. In my past experience on this and other cruise lines the slippers were pretty nice with puffy fabric,padded soles and a logo. This time we go something like you might buy in a dollar store...thin fabric and thin plastic soles with no logo. I never thought to ask our butler but was assuming there was some sort of supply problem and this is what they had to use as a temporary measure. Is there anybody currently cruising who can confirm my assumption as I will not mention the slippers in my review if it was a temporary issue? Or have they really gone to handing out this junk in order to save a few bucks?

The slippers provided in our suite recently were the same kind we have always received before.

But we never use them anymore as we use our own rubber flip flops instead (which provide better traction),

ever since a family member slipped and fell on a wet bathroom floor when wearing their slippers a few years ago.

It is also a matter of personal preference as we really do not care for cloth slippers.

We did notice that the towels we received in a royal suite on our recent cruise were the same kind used in the regular cabins, not the ultra plush kind they used to provide in the suites.

Maybe they would have given us the better towels if we had asked, but as the regular towels were fine, and we had plenty of them, it was no big deal to us and we did not say anything about them.

So we don't know whether or not it was temporary, but they kept giving us the same kind of towels for the entire cruise.

We also did not receive any lip balm, which had always been routinely provided in the suites and higher level cabins on previous cruises.

Our butler said he didn't think they had any.

Also, there were no pads for the loungers on the balcony. When we asked, the butler said they no longer provide them.

But aside from those three items, everything else about the suite was as expected.

Edited by fleckle

The slippers are the same as we have had previously. We never use them! A one size fits all slipper doesn't work and the are not comfortable. IMHO this is an area where X could eliminate something and save a few $.

Wow, I may not cruise again if they are providing those kind of slippers.;)

I was thinking the same thing, but then I remembered that I wear a 51/2 and don't use them anyway...I am, at the very least, happy that suites still have advantages. My S1 for a TA is more than I think it should be, but everything is more these days. I think an 1A on the hump might be a much better value, but I love the S1's and wake. I guess one can only take so many cuts in service until it is time to...yep...go for something else. I do not like the poles in the suite, but really do not notice them after a few hours! Going with friends seems to negate a lot of the small things!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums