Mississippi1

proof towel animals matter

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2440144

CONS

* Too many people

* Too many people

* Waiting in lines

* Making reservations for everything

* Not friendly workers (there were a handful)

* Not friendly passengers as on other ships

* Not enough elevators

* Slow service

* Room stewards not very good or non-existence (I only got 4 towel animals)

STICK-ON EYES

I found, what me wife calls, "a stupid gift" for the steward on our upcoming cruise.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSamu2r1QbhR7Gqgi4_8zS-akURCVtap9Qr-dEBXSK2u6HRvKCX

These are great. I'm stealing your idea if you don't mind. I'm always looking for things that are out of the ordinary to bring for the cruise staff. :D

I LOVE my towel animals! I keep them and make a zoo. Our last cruise was a B2B with a cabin change and I didn't bring the towel animals to the new cabin, so each zoo was a managable size.

I also leave our room stewart an animal of my own making towards the end of the cruise with a note asking if they know what it is. I loosely arrange a hand towel in a little heap on the bed with 2 eyes in odd places. It's road kill, and they seem to really get a kick out of it!

Here are my two different zoos.

fbf19562c0a9895a88eed73789682f39.jpg853749b30e78c84a31e1acb5a2c9cc1b.jpg

We came back to the cabin on the last night a while back and found this. Our cabin steward said he was so embarrassed and ashamed by them.

[/url]IMG_1580_zpsbec5d083.jpg

This is exactly why, despite the repetition, we would never tell our steward not to make them. You never know when you will get that creative person who comes up with something fun and different.

This thread is almost as much fun as seeing towel animals in person...thanks everyone for all the smiles!

I even learned something, as I didn't know we could keep them. I've always had them disappear the next day. I guess you have to move it to the sofa or desk to keep the Steward from removing them?

It's the only thing I slightly missed on our recent Celebrity cruise.

Edited by tweetylori

I always intend to tell the room steward not to worry about it.

(try to make his/her job as easy as possible, I been fortunate to cruise a lot)

However the last 4 or so cruises I was on, it was her first cruise, so who am I to deny the full cruise experience ?

I've never thought to unroll the animals to use them as towels. I think the stewards sometimes move the animals from one room to another if the cabin isn't saving them for a zoo. Plus I've always still had the full number of towels in the bathroom in addition to the towel animals.

I find this thread amazing. It never occurred to me to do anything other than dry myself off with them, since they are towels.

I've never thought to unroll the animals to use them as towels. ... I've always still had the full number of towels in the bathroom in addition to the towel animals.

I don't know why anyone would have to use the towels from the animals since there are always towels in the bathroom.

I don't know why anyone would have to use the towels from the animals since there are always towels in the bathroom.

On our most recent cruise two weeks ago, the animals were made from the allotted cabin towels. Wasn't an issue as there were plenty, but this may be something they are doing now.

I've never thought to unroll the animals to use them as towels. I think the stewards sometimes move the animals from one room to another if the cabin isn't saving them for a zoo. Plus I've always still had the full number of towels in the bathroom in addition to the towel animals.

I certainly hope you are wrong..............:eek:

I guess I don't understand why you hope I'm wrong? Some of our animals are held together with rubberbands or tape, and maybe have sunglasses perched on them, or holding a remote or magazine. They surely wouldn't expect us to untape them to use them, right?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Fun story about towels animals..... friends of ours were on a cruise with us several years ago, she had a "personal item" ;) she brought and accidentally left out, when they came to their cabin later that day a towel animal was holding it....she nearly died...:D

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek::eek::eek:

Fun story about towels animals..... friends of ours were on a cruise with us several years ago, she had a "personal item" ;) she brought and accidentally left out, when they came to their cabin later that day a towel animal was holding it....she nearly died...:D

Was the towel animal a rabbit perchance?;)