Carnival Lost My Parents

princesstiffany

I had a similar problem, but it turns out Carnival put a space in my last name (always screws up my price protection form :mad: ). I have a last name like McIverson and they spell it Mc Iverson. Could this be causing your problem? If so, it's super easy to fix the missing cruise part of your problem.

Good luck!

This could absolutely be the problem! They are a McKoy kind of last name. Thank you so much for sharing this!!!!!

Might I suggest looking at your parents' email history? They would have been receiving the VIFP Connection newsletter as well as sale advertising. Any email they have in old mail, or in saved mail, if they saved any, would have their VIFP # as well as how many points they have. Even if they deleted them, they could still be in the trash. I would check those. Good luck!

I didn't even think of this. Thank you!!!

Don't know why this system is so screwy. DW and I have been Platinum for years with an identical cruise history. Our Dream docs and tags for last week all came up VIFP/FTTF, and the cards were silver. Then gift night came and only I received one. Steward had no info on DW, she showed her card and they fixed it, but weird that it happened in the first place. I'm in lots of other travel programs and would freak if my EP status and miles suddenly disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't know why this system is so screwy. DW and I have been Platinum for years with an identical cruise history. Our Dream docs and tags for last week all came up VIFP/FTTF, and the cards were silver. Then gift night came and only I received one. Steward had no info on DW, she showed her card and they fixed it, but weird that it happened in the first place. I'm in lots of other travel programs and would freak if my EP status and miles suddenly disappeared.

The annoying part is that we are the one that has to prove their mistake.

Did you get it fixed? Once you do I would take the time to add them online as "travel companions" on your online profile. My mom somehow ended up with a new VIFP number one time we sailed together. I made a few numbers and got her points combined under her original number, but now her new profile always pops up as well when I'm trying to book a cruise for us. I added her correct VIFP number to my travel companions and it's kept me from booking the wrong profile for her the last couple of times we have cruised together.

My kids were all mixed up too. They are twins so same birthdate and system was confused by it. They each had multiple VIFP #s as well. Our PVP took care of it. She had to contact another department though. They combined each account and issued one VIFP # per person. So, if your parents have multiple VIFP#s it is still able to be fixed. You just have to get through to the right person I guess. For us it was our PVP. Within a few hours, it showed up correctly on line.

I had a similar problem, but it turns out Carnival put a space in my last name (always screws up my price protection form :mad: ). I have a last name like McIverson and they spell it Mc Iverson. Could this be causing your problem? If so, it's super easy to fix the missing cruise part of your problem.

Good luck!

This is exactly what happened! Thank you so much for sharing this because I never would have figured this out! Thank you thank you thank you! The other cruises they went on were booked by a TA so I had no idea that their name had been entered wrong. Now I just have to call Carnival to figure out how to get the account numbers associated with the correctly spelled last names on the new booking.

So glad I could be of help :D I remember trying to find my # when looking to book my 2nd or 3rd cruise and it took me forever to figure it out. Why there's a space... I have no real idea. I do know that when I go to submit a price protection form it won't take my last name at all. Luckily, I'm always traveling with someone who has a more "normal" last name and I can do the form in their name.

Anyways, have fun on your trip :D

This happened to me in June when I booked a cruise. I was missing a cruise in my history. We had cruised 2008 on the Holiday, which Carnival scrapped, and on the Triumph in 2013. It had to do with my name- I go by my middle name, Michelle, not my first name, Susan. The Holiday was booked under Susan, and the Triumph booked under Michelle. I can't remember who exactly I emailed, but I gave them my info and they had it fixed in a few days. I think if you go into the VIFP profile, somewhere it says something like "missing a cruise?" The guy was very helpful.

Might I suggest looking at your parents' email history? They would have been receiving the VIFP Connection newsletter as well as sale advertising. Any email they have in old mail, or in saved mail, if they saved any, would have their VIFP # as well as how many points they have. Even if they deleted them, they could still be in the trash. I would check those. Good luck!

We never have received the VIFP connection newsletter although we do receive emails. We have 54 Carnival cruises and used to receive the paper newsletter. Early on I had duplicate VIFP numbers but that was corrected. I can't even get the letter about our 50th cruise which was last February and was just told that they were a little behind.

I don't know why some are not getting the VIFP newsletter. After we booked our first cruise in 2013, my husband was assigned a PVP. We never used him, but we began getting the newsletter and sale info.

This past November, when I began searching cruises while logged in with my vifp #, I began getting calls from a different PVP, as my number is connected to a different email than my husband's. I began getting the newsletter and sale info on my email at that time.

Maybe it is related to having a PVP?:confused:

And princesstiffany, I am glad you found the problem so you can get it fixed! So good your parents are no longer lost!!;)

• 9 months later...
I have never received a VIFP Connection newsletter, and I've been on 15+ Carnival cruises.

I have tried numerous times to sign up to receive offers by email, etc., and I never get anything from them.

That's odd, because it's a rare day when I don't get at least one email from Carnival.

Did they sail with someone else? Carnival might be able to find them by looking up who they sailed with. That is what happened to us. They lost all cruise information for mom. They were able to look up my cruise and found her that way.

Did they sail with someone else? Carnival might be able to find them by looking up who they sailed with. That is what happened to us. They lost all cruise information for mom. They were able to look up my cruise and found her that way.

The OP answered back in January, when thread was originated, that the issue was solved.