Drink package question

Sorry guys, I know this is a total newb question- I tried the search, but had no luck! This is our second cruise- last time my gf bought the drink package right after we boarded. Our cruise starts Monday, and looking through some of the posts, I see that sometimes the drink package is on sale BEFORE cruising. I logged in and checked, it doesn't say sale, but I don't know what the regular price is either lol! Have I missed an opportunity to save with that? Should I go ahead and book it ahead of time? I'm sure she's going to want/need it again this trip. Thank you so much for your help! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry guys, I know this is a total newb question- I tried the search, but had no luck! This is our second cruise- last time my gf bought the drink package right after we boarded. Our cruise starts Monday, and looking through some of the posts, I see that sometimes the drink package is on sale BEFORE cruising. I logged in and checked, it doesn't say sale, but I don't know what the regular price is either lol! Have I missed an opportunity to save with that? Should I go ahead and book it ahead of time? I'm sure she's going to want/need it again this trip. Thank you so much for your help! [emoji4]

If the drink package is on sale for your sailing, it will clearly indicate a 20% discount in your Cruise Planner. The cruise line can change the price sailing to sailing, so there is no "regular" price.

Edited by clarea

On my Anthem cruise it stated the package was 20% at $48 - today it is showing $48 but without showing that's 20% off???? I had read that the normal price once you board is $60 ish. But every ship seems to be different

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On my Anthem cruise it stated the package was 20% at $48 - today it is showing $48 but without showing that's 20% off???? I had read that the normal price once you board is $60 ish. But every ship seems to be different

I have booked a cruise and immediately check the cost of the package...What shocked me was how much and how many times the price changed before we boarded. The cost was higher on board...Glad we bought when we booked.

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

Just a heads up... that the 20% banner that appears in the planner on the beverage packages may or may not appear. It is just an overlay and sometimes with different browsers or devices it may not show up. The pricing however will be the same. When I look at the planner on my PC I can see the 20% banner overlayed on top of the package image but on my tablet using Chrome, the banner does not show up but the price is the same.

dp

Just a heads up... that the 20% banner that appears in the planner on the beverage packages may or may not appear. It is just an overlay and sometimes with different browsers or devices it may not show up. The pricing however will be the same. When I look at the planner on my PC I can see the 20% banner overlayed on top of the package image but on my tablet using Chrome, the banner does not show up but the price is the same.

dp

Hmmm interesting- that is good to know. I am looking at it on my phone, not sure I'll be able to get to a computer tonight. What she would get is the refreshment package- it includes soda, mocktails, juice, and water. It is showing as $26 a day- that seems cheaper than last cruise, but my memory could be faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I noticed about a week Ago that Royal took off that 20% banner on the drink package prices on the cruise planner. YES they are cheaper on the cruise planner but i think the 20% was deceiving because there is actually no real set price per ship or sailing so im sure they heard some grumbling about it. The prices on the cruise planner still are around 20% less than you would pay if you were to buy the package on the ship.

The 20% off banner disappeared on my cruise planner but the price was still the same. Today, the banner is back on there.