Beverage Package Souvenir Cup

Pipo

They have no way of tracking individual cups, so the cup will remain valid. They are just set to expire after an amount of time.

New cup is normally charged for, think it might be $5.95. Some bars might give it to you for free.

Sent from a mobile device

Edited by chandom

Anyone have a picture of the current beverage cup with the package? The last cruise we were on had a few of the more insulated ones but were transitioning to a different up that I didn't particularly care for. Just wondered what cups they are giving out now?

We are new to RCI...so to get a drink from the Freestyle machines you need to remember to drag your cup around with you? Seems a hassle, although the freestyle machines look like fun!

So if you don't have your souvenir cup on you, no freestyle beverages right? But assume you can still get a soda in a normal glass from any bar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are new to RCI...so to get a drink from the Freestyle machines you need to remember to drag your cup around with you? Seems a hassle, although the freestyle machines look like fun!

So if you don't have your souvenir cup on you, no freestyle beverages right? But assume you can still get a soda in a normal glass from any bar?

Correct on all accounts

No cup, no Freestyle

Can go to any bar and get a glass without cup

Just wanted to add one more comment. On Enchantment in 2015, I did see the crew in Windjammer with a special card that allowed them to fill regular cups from the Freestyle machine.

Not sure if this is still valid or exists on other ships.

Edited by chandom

Correct on all accounts

No cup, no Freestyle

Can go to any bar and get a glass without cup

Just wanted to add one more comment. On Enchantment in 2015, I did see the crew in Windjammer with a special card that allowed them to fill regular cups from the Freestyle machine.

Not sure if this is still valid or exists on other ships.

Thanks! I can see my kids wanting to use the FreeStyle machines, but not at the expense of having to carry around a lousy cup lol.

They're lucky they remember to get dressed before leaving the cabin let alone have to carry something eek [emoji33][emoji12]

For the ships that do NOT have the freestyle machines, we just get a sticker on our card correct? If we get a cup can someone post a picture of what the cup looks like? I have the cup with the chip from my Freedom cruise. Just curious what the non-chip cups look like since my upcoming Navigator cruise does NOT have the freestyle machines.

Edited by Teeara

For the ships that do NOT have the freestyle machines, we just get a sticker on our card correct? If we get a cup can someone post a picture of what the cup looks like? I have the cup with the chip from my Freedom cruise. Just curious what the non-chip cups look like since my upcoming Navigator cruise does NOT have the freestyle machines.

You get a cup and a sticker whether the ship has a Freestyle machine or not.

Anyone have a picture of the current beverage cup with the package? The last cruise we were on had a few of the more insulated ones but were transitioning to a different up that I didn't particularly care for. Just wondered what cups they are giving out now?

Below on the counter is what I believe is the newer cups. I got these in Late April on Oasis. When we boarded they were selling the drink packages on board and as we were walking by the table was half empty with the most recent style and they brought out a new box of these. (These were in our room.)

gettinghelp.jpg

Both of our cups had a lot of red in them. My wife noticed one that was more blue and we stopped at a table and they let us switch one so we could have different cups. The guy said these were the new design. However, I've not seen a review with these since.

I like these better for the most part as the lid is easier to remove and replace as you don't have to worry about cross threading the lid. I thought these were better insulated and less likely to spill, but when condensation occurs I thought these were a little more difficult to hold onto.

Edited by BillOh

No they won't.... not possible to do

You may be right, but how can you say so with such certainty? I do know you can fill up your cup at one station, walk to the other end of the ship and try to get a refill again in 5 minutes and be told you can't refill for another 10 minutes. Clearly they can identify individual cups and disable them.

The most common words on CC, "As Bob said......" :D you do still get a cup and it can be refilled at a bar, but in my experience if the pool bar is busy hide your cup or you will have trouble getting waited on.

On the fourth day of a 5 day cruise I remember a lady complaining to her husband that she is tired of always having her cup just to get a soda. I explained to her, she didn't need the cup, just go to a bar and get a soda? She didn't believe me and said she was told by her friend she needed it. Guess her friend doesn't know either.

I wonder how many people do not understand what the cup is for? I get a beverage package, and my wife, gets a soda package, and at the end of the cruise, the cups are still in the plastic wrap they came in. We use the at home, and they are handy sometimes, but I have never carried one with me, and when my kids were younger, they never bothered with them either.

I always take a couple of pieces of curling ribbon to tie on our cup to identify it as mine. One color for my DH and one for myself. He drinks Doctor Pepper and I hate it, so I don't want to take a chance of getting his accidently. Plus hopefully it will keep someone from accidently picking ours up instead of theirs.

Slightly off topic ... but do you all LIKE the Freestyle Coke machines? The actual taste/quality of the beverage from them? (The Brilliance didn't have them, so I haven't experienced them on a ship ... )

We have the machines in a lot of fast food places locally and I do NOT like them at all. I don't know if it's an individual 'location by location' thing or an actual issue with the machines but to me, too often they 'mix' doesn't seem right ... too carbonated or not carbonated enough, or syrups/flavors mixing a bit 'off' in some way.

I don't drink a lot of soft drinks anyway, but if I do happen to get one and it has to be from a Free-style machine, I've found that setting it to 'diet coke' and letting a little run down the drain before putting my cup under the nozzle helps a bit and/or i add a tiny bit of cherry or vanilla to the diet coke so any 'off' flavor is less noticeable ... but I'm not sure how that would work with the 'chip' activate machines.

Is this just my own weirdness?

I don't drink a lot of soft drinks anyway, but if I do happen to get one and it has to be from a Free-style machine, I've found that setting it to 'diet coke' and letting a little run down the drain before putting my cup under the nozzle helps a bit and/or i add a tiny bit of cherry or vanilla to the diet coke so any 'off' flavor is less noticeable ... but I'm not sure how that would work with the 'chip' activate machines.

The machine won't dispense untill a cup is on the pad under the spout. So you can't direct drain anything first.

Then you would have to work fast to change settings because the machine will time out after the dispensing stops, even if the cup isn't removed.

Edited by chandom

You may be right, but how can you say so with such certainty? I do know you can fill up your cup at one station, walk to the other end of the ship and try to get a refill again in 5 minutes and be told you can't refill for another 10 minutes. Clearly they can identify individual cups and disable them.

It's probably possible, but most likely impractical. I've bought my package when boarding many times, and they just handed me a cup from the table randomly. No looking at the cup to record a serial number. Sometimes, I've grabbed the cup myself off the table, never touched by the person selling the package.

Slightly off topic ... but do you all LIKE the Freestyle Coke machines? The actual taste/quality of the beverage from them? (The Brilliance didn't have them, so I haven't experienced them on a ship ... )

I do like them. Here in Columbus, Ohio we had some of the first ones in the nation. AMC theaters here at the first ones and there were things I didn't like about them. If for example the person in front of me got Coke with Grape flavor, when I put my cup up, I would get some of that left in the lines added to my sprite. The 2nd generation of these machines seems to have fixed that. As far as taste, my experiences with the Freestyle machines on Royal Caribbean has been good.

I don't drink a lot of soft drinks anyway, but if I do happen to get one and it has to be from a Free-style machine, I've found that setting it to 'diet coke' and letting a little run down the drain before putting my cup under the nozzle helps a bit and/

Unfortunately, you can't do that on the Royal version, the cup must be present or it won't start to pour.

Edited by BillOh

We have the machines in a lot of fast food places locally and I do NOT like them at all. I don't know if it's an individual 'location by location' thing or an actual issue with the machines but to me, too often they 'mix' doesn't seem right ... too carbonated or not carbonated enough, or syrups/flavors mixing a bit 'off' in some way.

We are with you. The syrup tastes like cough syrup, and is way too strong.

My husband gets the soda package on cruises, and he never uses the cup. Just gets a glass of soda from any bar and in the MDR.

It's probably possible, but most likely impractical. I've bought my package when boarding many times, and they just handed me a cup from the table randomly. No looking at the cup to record a serial number. Sometimes, I've grabbed the cup myself off the table, never touched by the person selling the package.

Understood, but I do know turn around day is busy so a bunch of cups are turned on before people even board, I assume that is loaded into the computer. Taking this thread another direction, I have noticed everytime I buy the package and go to the machine, it says my cup is good for 2 weeks. Being that I am getting off the ship in 7 days, I never get to try it on day 8 ;)

My husband got the same style cup with the soda package on both Navigator (no Freestyle machines, June 2016), and Jewel (yes Freestyle, December 2016). Here's a pic:

32082344532_d12c6a4102_c.jpgUntitled by Sue, on Flickr