How to use next cruise cert with travel agency?

Hello it's been ages since my last cruise (back in 2012) and on that cruise I paid $100 deposit for myself thinking I would use it sooner. Well 5 years later and it looks like I'll only be booking a 5 night cruise and get a $25 OBC. Anyway I'd like to go through my usual travel agency to get a nice OBC offer. How do I go about doing this? Do I call the agent and give them the certificate or do I need to contact Royal first? Thanks in advance!

Hello it's been ages since my last cruise (back in 2012) and on that cruise I paid $100 deposit for myself thinking I would use it sooner. Well 5 years later and it looks like I'll only be booking a 5 night cruise and get a $25 OBC. Anyway I'd like to go through my usual travel agency to get a nice OBC offer. How do I go about doing this? Do I call the agent and give them the certificate or do I need to contact Royal first? Thanks in advance!

The booking is in your name, so the agent cannot do anything with it the way it is. I would call RC and book the cruise you want. Then transfer the booking to the agent. You have 60 days after you first assign a cruise to the certificate to transfer the booking to an agent.

Here is the link to transfer:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=2004

I'd do what Bob suggested also. The OBC you get would be what was in effect at time of purchase

Since currently the rule is that you have only 60 days to transfer your booking to a TA and your certificate is 5 years old, do what Bob said. Book thru' RCI and then transfer to your TA.

My experience has been that it doesn't matter when you book the cruise, if the purchase date on the NCC is more than 60 days out, you can't transfer it. Maybe others have had a different experience, but that's what happened to me.

My experience has been that it doesn't matter when you book the cruise, if the purchase date on the NCC is more than 60 days out, you can't transfer it. Maybe others have had a different experience, but that's what happened to me.

This may have to be taken this to Resolutions, but the rule has been that we should have 60 days from when the NC has first been assigned to a cruise. Back when NC certificates were popular, the reps knew the rules. I suspect as time goes on and the NC certs are not used so much anymore, new reps don't know the rules.