Club class experience Island Princess Jan 4 Panama

HaveDogWillTravel

I believe a lot of the negative feedback is pure jealousy. Everyone wishes they could go first class, all the time and resents people who can. You get more when you pay more. If you sail in a suite you get a complimentary mini bar too , why is that perk not pulled apart? You get more services when you pay for them, simple capaitalism.

I have been wanting to say this for weeks but have been hesitant to do so. I have also noticed that many of the people invested in seeing CC fail sail in inside cabins, sneak booze onboard, and dress like hicks on formal night.

Flame away!

I have been wanting to say this for weeks but have been hesitant to do so. I have also noticed that many of the people invested in seeing CC fail sail in inside cabins, sneak booze onboard, and dress like hicks on formal night.

Flame away!

It is all about perceived value and what you are willing to pay for.

We fly economy in the back of the plane. It doesn't bother me one bit when I walk past First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy, or an Exit Row. These passengers paid more for their service from point A to point B and should receive more. Like cruising, they have a variety of choices.

However, we are staying in an Owner's Suite on the Pacific Princess for 18 days to Norway after its dry dock before the June 9, TA sailing. Been told by two different passengers currently onboard that Club Class Dining will be in the separate dining room on Deck 10 while their MDR is on Deck 5 (no Anytime dining on this ship). Been sailing in other PH suites and am really looking forwards to CC dining. With 10 suites and 14 CC Mini's, it should be nice and intimate as Breakfast in Sabatini's was on the Grand Class ships.

It is all about perceived value and what you are willing to pay for.

We fly economy in the back of the plane. It doesn't bother me one bit when I walk past First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy, or an Exit Row. These passengers paid more for their service from point A to point B and should receive more. Like cruising, they have a variety of choices.

However, we are staying in an Owner's Suite on the Pacific Princess for 18 days to Norway after its dry dock before the June 9, TA sailing. Been told by two different passengers currently onboard that Club Class Dining will be in the separate dining room on Deck 10 while their MDR is on Deck 5 (no Anytime dining on this ship). Been sailing in other PH suites and am really looking forwards to CC dining. With 10 suites and 14 CC Mini's, it should be nice and intimate as Breakfast in Sabatini's was on the Grand Class ships.

Please post your experiences with the dining after your cruise.

I'd love to experience Cub Class but on the Pacific, like on all other Princess ships, the aft regular balcony cabins we love are never included.

I know there are aft suites - which I think is what you have, so maybe someday that will be a solution.

As far as 14 minis and 10 suites - that totals 48 people. Considering that people like to eat at different times, that's going to be a REALLY quiet dining room.

The Pacific dining room was already pretty quiet so I'm interested to hear what the CC dining will "feel" like.

(Don't misunderstand - I like quiet, we sail in Aqua class on Celebrity specifically for the smaller dining room.)

But 15 - 20 people in a dining room, which is about what I expect will be there , is REALLY quiet.

Please post your experiences with the dining after your cruise.

I'd love to experience Cub Class but on the Pacific, like on all other Princess ships, the aft regular balcony cabins we love are never included.

I know there are aft suites - which I think is what you have, so maybe someday that will be a solution.

As far as 14 minis and 10 suites - that totals 48 people. Considering that people like to eat at different times, that's going to be a REALLY quiet dining room.

The Pacific dining room was already pretty quiet so I'm interested to hear what the CC dining will "feel" like.

(Don't misunderstand - I like quiet, we sail in Aqua class on Celebrity specifically for the smaller dining room.)

But 15 - 20 people in a dining room, which is about what I expect will be there , is REALLY quiet.

The best service I have ever received on any ship was at breakfast at Sabatini's on the Ocean Princess on a trans-Atlantic. Even with only 10 suites, it was not particularly quiet, since most of us were there at the same time on some days. We quickly learned to recognize the other people eating there. The service was better than I have ever received in traditional or anytime dining at dinner.

With the Club Class eating on deck 10 this will free up 48 seats in the MDR. This will made MDR passengers happy. On the Pacific Princess the early seating usually is the preferred time and many that ended up being assigned to the late seating time wait at the entrance area of early seating hoping to snag a table from someone who did not show up that evening.

On our first trip on the Pacific we where assigned late seating which was way to late for us so we ate the entire 2 weeks at the buffet, which was good. We didn't know at that time that we could have tried to get into the MDR early. Anyway, my point is that 48 more people will most likely get early seating times.

I do not care for snarky remarks and unkind assumptions regarding my character.

Thank you for submitting the review to open this discussion. I must agree that quite a few of the remarks were less than diplomatic. OK, totally inappropriate.

We are reading your thread in anticipation of b2b cruises in Alaska. We have been cruising since 2002, experiencing most "classes" of staterooms. It has been my experience that the class of stateroom has absolutely nothing to do with how much we enjoyed the cruise experience. Many fine cruises have been experienced in the most economical accomodations.

Our first suite experience was on a whim. We had booked the lowest price guarentee mini and the upsell to a suite was an offer we couldn't refuse. We jumped on it. Thus the riff - raff first invaded the suite life. The experienc was nice, but about four times as expensive as an inside stateroom. It was not four times as enjoyable.

After forty cruises, we sort of got to the point where we simply take what we want and pay for it. We really enjoyed our inside staterooms, and I hope the full suite passengers enjoy their accomodations as well.

We are fifteen years older now and we have a lot more cruises behind us than we have in our future. Soooo.. when the TA notified us of the upsell offer, again from the least expensive mini, we jumped on it. This will be our first full suite experience on Princess, and probably our last. And we are looking forward to it, and hoping to meet all of you there.

Again, thank you to the OP for the review. Like children waiting for Christimas, we eagerly await the experience and love hearing all we can about it.

On the Sea there are 4 aft facing premium mini-suites.

These are club class.

2 are on Baja and 2 are on Dolphin.

On the Sun I think there are only the 2 on Dolphin.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

As a frequent celebrity cruiser and participant on that forum, I'm glad to see that this forum veers completely off the Original Topic and attacks folks who are posting questions and experiences. Cudo's to all of you who keep the forums consistent :)

So back on the Original Topic....I still don't have a good view of what I would get with CC if I book an M1 vs the Mb cabin I currently have booked. The first post suggested that the menu in the "special" area of the existing dining room (Crown Princess) is identical to the MDR menu.....If so then the difference would appear to be in service...which reminds me of premium economy on a plane where they take the economy meal and serve it on plates instead of in a foil container. Hopefully, I read that OP wrong...and there are additional choices. My DW and I are foodies....we don't care about "show"...the musli at the table in aqua class on Celebrity or prepared tableside dishes (we usually are in aqua on Celebrity)....we care about seasoning and food combinations. I guess my question is whether the new CC dining area is just better service of the same food or if the food is actually different....eg. comes out of a special kitchen (area).

If one is CC but only in a lowly M1 mini-suite, where does one eat breakfast?

Hopefully the OP or someone else will comment again.