Choice air question

midwestchick

Our Flight from TPA (Tampa) to FCO (Rome) was 1550/pp Business Class via Choice Air.

That seems high. What airline? I've never paid that amount.

I'm paying nearly that to fly NYC to Milan in Comfort Plus, so it seems like a terrific bargain to me! midwestchick: please either share your air travel secrets here or email me directly!

For business class?

My apologies. Somehow I missed the business class. I did not book business class. I still don't believe I would pay more than double for business class. I don't view the features as being a big enough incentive for my needs.

Edited by midwestchick

Our Flight from TPA (Tampa) to FCO (Rome) was 1550/pp Business Class via Choice Air.

As a fellow Tampa area resident I always check other Florida international airports. For our October Quest cruise we will fly out and return to Miami. R/T on TAP from MIA to VCE and return FCO-MIA was $1000 each less than flying business from TPA or MCO, and not that much different than premium economy. Similarly, we saved nearly half flying to China and back in May from MIA over TPA/MCO. TAP is included in ChoiceAir and we booked via ChoiceAir. But do need to be careful... ChoiceAir did not show the flights for day of arrival since they departed within a 5-hour port arrival window. We decided it was worth it to RON at FCO and take the 6:15AM departure putting us back in MIA at 2:30PM. Similarly once arriving Copenhagen ChoiceAir would not show a 10:30AM departure. Quest moored at 7AM and arranged for a 7:30 bus to CPH easily making the 10:30 departure.

midwestchick well you know that's why some people buy Cadillacs others buy VW's. I like the Idea of being relaxed and well rested for the first day in Europe. We will fight to stay awake until at least 8 or 9pm the first night. When you are a full figured girl like myself, pampering is a must let alone comfort for my DW :D

Quite honestly I don't think that price was so bad.

Globehoppers actually those are GREAT suggestions! Where were you when I was buying those tickets ;). Actually it's about a 5 or 6 hour drive to Miami for me. We would then probably get a hotel room and fly out the next day. Oh BTW that includes first class tix from TPA to ATL.

Sorry, I misunderstood, thinking that there was $300 difference between AA and Choice Air.

I see from my notes that we booked Choice Air in 2013 which was the last time we sailed with Celebrity. As I recall the price was quite favourable at that time. I will check with them before booking for Feb 2018.

John

Hi John, hope you are well

Is it 10 years since we met on Azamara,

Sailing on the Eclipse next month,

Take care

Steve

midwestchick well you know that's why some people buy Cadillacs others buy VW's. I like the Idea of being relaxed and well rested for the first day in Europe. We will fight to stay awake until at least 8 or 9pm the first night. When you are a full figured girl like myself, pampering is a must let alone comfort for my DW :D

Quite honestly I don't think that price was so bad.

Globehoppers actually those are GREAT suggestions! Where were you when I was buying those tickets ;). Actually it's about a 5 or 6 hour drive to Miami for me. We would then probably get a hotel room and fly out the next day. Oh BTW that includes first class tix from TPA to ATL.

Overnighting at MIA works well - did that for the China trip which departed @ 7AM and arrived back @ 12:30AM. Stayed in the airport hotel which is convenient since it is inside the terminal, but nothing else. Splitting the trip with a stop near Naples also works (we are 40 miles northeast of Tampa) and doing that for next month's trip to Antarctica, timing it around the need to drop off our English Springer Spaniel at Fuzzie Buddies.

Hi John, hope you are well

Is it 10 years since we met on Azamara,

Sailing on the Eclipse next month,

Take care

Steve

My apologies to everyone else for hijacking this thread. You needn't read what follows, but feel free if you can't help yourself!

Steve:

I believe we first met on the Constellation in '07 and then we coincidentally had side by side verandas on the Quest in '08. I never heard you snore once! I recall there was a great Cruise Critic group on that cruise and we had a good time.

We sail on the Rotterdam on Feb 12th out of FLL for 21 days. I wonder if we will be in any of the same ports together? When do you go?

We have booked the Quest for B2B in February of 2018, Starting in San Diego and finishing in Miami.

We sailed on the Equinox a few years ago, which I believe is a sister ship. I really liked the layout/design of those ships.

Say hi to the Missus. All the best.

John

My apologies to everyone else for hijacking this thread. You needn't read what follows, but feel free if you can't help yourself!

Steve:

I believe we first met on the Constellation in '07 and then we coincidentally had side by side verandas on the Quest in '08. I never heard you snore once! I recall there was a great Cruise Critic group on that cruise and we had a good time.

We sail on the Rotterdam on Feb 12th out of FLL for 21 days. I wonder if we will be in any of the same ports together? When do you go?

We have booked the Quest for B2B in February of 2018, Starting in San Diego and finishing in Miami.

We sailed on the Equinox a few years ago, which I believe is a sister ship. I really liked the layout/design of those ships.

Say hi to the Missus. All the best.

John

Hi John,

Send me a mail

blueinns@msn.com