Arriving FLL on flight 110PM enough time to get to port?

RN7997

Hi everyone. Just found a great deal on a flight into FLL but it arrives at 110PM and the ship departs at 4pm. We are sailing the Harmony of the Seas end of April. Would love your feedback.

Thank you!

I would not fly in on the day of a cruise on a bet. I would give myself one night at the very least. Anything could happen and then where would you be? Think of the people flying yesterday. Flights from all over were cancelled due to weather or the fool in FLL.

From a pragmatic standpoint - after you get off the plane, get your luggage and find a cab, it will be almost 2 pm.

Even though the Ft Lauderdale Airport is relatively close to Port Everglades, it is still probably a 15 min ride.

RCI requires passengers to be on-board 90 min prior to sailing - that would be 2:30 for the Harmony.

In-short, that gives you roughly 15 min to check-in and board (assuming nothing else goes wrong)

Hi everyone. Just found a great deal on a flight into FLL but it arrives at 110PM and the ship departs at 4pm. We are sailing the Harmony of the Seas end of April. Would love your feedback.

Thank you!

There is no way that I would book that flight. There is no wiggle room at all for anything to go wrong, such as flight delays, longer than expected time to retrieve luggage at baggage claim, traffic, and time to check in at the cruise terminal. It wouldn't be a great deal for the flight if you miss the ship. It's much better to fly in a day early, or if that's not possible book a flight that arrives in the morning.

Thank you!

Based on your cruise history you've cruised plenty of times so you should know that if you are VERY lucky this will work. No way I would book it, especially in winter.

Even a 15 minute delay somewhere along the way would probably be enough for you to miss the ship. Way too much of a gamble just to save a few dollars. Personally, I wouldn't even risk a same day arrival during the winter.

You couldn't pay me to take that flight - it is WAY too tight. We always fly in the day before. If you can't do that, at least look at a red-eye. Please. The horrific situation at FLL a few days ago is proof enough for anyone why flying in the same day is always a gamble.

80 to 100 THOUSAND folks a day go through FLL! Sometimes more. Many older folks who need help in boarding or wheelchairs and they get on and off first usually at FLL. They sit in aisle seats at the front of the plane and have to be moved off before the rest can move off. I do FLL roundtrip about 4 or 5 times a year since 1968 (family there)and much less than 50% of the time do you get on or off the plane at the time stated! luggage is usually prompt but not quick. If you are short of time of course everything slows down. Allow tons of time because this airport is JUST TOO SMALL FOR THE CROWDS THAT GO THROUGH IT EVERY DAY!

The vast majority of the time, a 1:10 airport arrival would put you on the ship in plenty of time. I say that because the vast majority of flights will NOT have weather or mechanical delays significantly affecting the arrival time. But you would be rolling the dice.

The relatively minor chance of a delay causing you to miss the ship is not worth the savings, IMO. Even if you hit a small delay, imagine the stress of running to gather your belongings at baggage claim (sometimes 20-30 minutes) and then rushing to the port in hopes you can make it on board. Not the way I'd want to start a relaxing vacation...