Any rumors/ideas on what the next RC "sale" will be?

I have picked my cruise to book, but am stuck in an odd situation where I am waiting for some Royal Caribbean gift cards to come in the mail before booking. These were earned through my work and will pay for about 80% of the cruise price, so I certainly do not want to book the cruise before they come in, but get nervous every time a "sale" is ending :) I know there seems to be a sale offered every day though... so any thoughts on what is next after this 30% off promo??

I know there seems to be a sale offered every day though... so any thoughts on what is next after this 30% off promo??

Welcome to CC. Forget the "sale" - just look for a sailing on which you are happy with the price and book it. Then look for price drops till final payment.

Assuming you can afford the deposit, you'd be best just booking now if you like the price.

When the new "sale" comes up, price it out again. If it is lower, it just takes a call to RCL to have them apply the current price to your reservation. I've done it 3 times so far on my Mar 2017 cruise. Price dropped about $500 or so since I booked the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to admit, I have found a few savings using the sale but mostly not. My view of their sales goes like this,

"Hurry before time runs out!! BOGO now and save 50% off of listed price but only after we inflate the price by 300% but wait there is more, get one night free for every 2 you pay for, and we will raise the price of nights 6 & 7 by no more than 4 times the price, you see the last sale we only raised it by 5 times so you are really saving on this one, last but not least, book an inside cabin for 4 and the 6th person is free provided they pay a simple $1800 booking fee." :confused:

You'll see a lot of negativity on sales...even I'll agree some are deemed fake due to the price fluctuations, but I saved over $600 on their recent "one two free" sale. It's all about timing and the demographics when you buy, etc. I like what JTB cruiser said on this thread though, that nails it. As for other upcoming sales, none of us really know.

You'll see a lot of negativity on sales...even I'll agree some are deemed fake due to the price fluctuations, but I saved over $600 on their recent "one two free" sale. It's all about timing and the demographics when you buy, etc. I like what JTB cruiser said on this thread though, that nails it. As for other upcoming sales, none of us really know.

There is a lot of negativity because of all the smoke and mirrors RCCL employs in their sale promotions. Nice to hear that you saved $600. The question is from what did you save the $600. Typically the base price goes up and down dependent on the sale. A Rhodes Scholar would have a challenge to figure the actual savings or shafting.

I don't know but I called this morning and got $180 taken off my 2018 Vision cruise. :D

That's excellent, at least someone is getting a deal.:)

Edited by clarea